Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

OUCH

Well I did it. I was backing into my drive after a weekend camping and I hit the corner of the trailer against the house. Total bonehead move. Now it is time to go and get it fixed. Would this be an insurance claim? Also, where should I look to ...

battery wiring

I am trying to wire in my two 6 batteries into my 12v system. Just want to make sure I have my wiring is correct.

tkoden by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Stranded in Houston

Well, my Ford 6.0 has the dreaded EGR Cooler failure on our trip from Phoenix to Disney World. It's at the dealership now in Houston. Hopefully they can fix it today.If not, anyone want to rent me their truck with fifth wheel hitch for a couple of ...

DavinD by Explorer
  • 149 replies
  • 0 likes

MSRP discount?

What kind of discount percentages are we seeing of the MSRP prices of the big 3 ??? My brother-in -law is contemplating replacing his 1999 with a new truck... I know the 20% ~30% rule is good for trailers???what about the two vehicles?????? If a dea...

Dodge 2006 5.9L Issues

Leaning towards an 06 with the 5.9L engine. Read somewhere there were problems with the lift pumps in the '04's but were they still a problem with the '06's?Are the injectors and turbo's a big problem with the 5.9's?I bought my '07 used but with the ...

GASA765 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Trans running hot on 2005Ram 3500 Auto

We tow a horse trailer with our 2005 Ram 3500 dually auto. When towing in the mountains the trans temp will get up to 230 deg. as this year does not have the abililty to lock out the overdrive(both the 04 and 06 DOES have this option) its difficult t...

freddmc by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Cool way to keep cupboard doors closed

Was looking for something completely different but came across this latch idea. I remember someone asking a while ago about ideas to keep cupboard doors closed and thought I would post this.Magnetic Clasp

Photomike by Explorer III
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing a 2013 Silverado 2WD with tow dolly

I'm trying to find out the best way to tow my truck, I've been told that a tow dolly would be best since GM does not recommend towing 2WD on all four wheels, they indicate that I should also tow it with the rear wheels on the dolly. Does anyone here ...

Nrother Lite Price

Northern Lite shows a camper price of $30,000 ... and the dealer says that is "Canadian" dollars ...I compute that to be $27,000 USA dollars today - or am I doing it backwards. So, in USA, that same camper is $27K ... Anyone now how much it costs i...

Ball Mount Drop

Hello All,I am looking to buy a Dutchmen Kodiak 27' travel trailer weighing @4400 lbs, however I'm not sure what drop I should get on the ball mount? I will be pulling the trailer with a Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner. Anyone know the height of the Kodiak...

Strange "pink stuff" freezing problem

I'm new to this site but I've had travel trailers for some time. Every fall I winterize using a gallon of the "pink" RV antifreeze and have never had any issues with any trailers.Last fall...same routine...ran all faucets until they ran pink. Gallo...