Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Need RV advice for purchasing a new one

We recently sold our 2004 Forest River Hybrid to upgrade to a fully enclosed TT or Fifth Wheel. Now the questions is what to get. I don't need a new one, but it is an option. We have 2 boys that are 4 & 7...so we have many years of camping ahead.Our ...

mwodek12 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

2013 F-150 4x4 5.0 3.55 Screw towing Amerilite 255bh

I have read a lot about what this truck can tow and shouldnt tow. I have a 2013 f-150 4x4 5.0 3.55 screw with short bed that i bought to go back and forth to work. My aunt is selling / giving us her 2012 Amerilite 255bh ( dry weight 5000 or less ). i...

webb322 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice on travel trailer brakes

I'm new to travel trailer towing, and need some advice on setting up the trailer brakes. I have a brake module under the truck dash that gives me a variety of brake settings. How do I know when I have the brakes setting properly? What are trailer bra...

Parts for R-Vision Trail Sport 2008

Hello All,I am looking for parts for a 2008 R-Vision Trail Sport. Specifically, I need to replace the forward bunk door. Water has seeped in and along the hinges and caused rot. Anyone out there ever had to replace one of the bunk doors?

Do you use your outside kitchen?

Do those of you that have them use them often? I'm looking at a trailer that has one (Premier 22RB). It's not something I would seek out, but I really like the trailer otherwise and wonder if it might actually be a nice addition. Comments are appr...

OUCH

Well I did it. I was backing into my drive after a weekend camping and I hit the corner of the trailer against the house. Total bonehead move. Now it is time to go and get it fixed. Would this be an insurance claim? Also, where should I look to ...

battery wiring

I am trying to wire in my two 6 batteries into my 12v system. Just want to make sure I have my wiring is correct.

tkoden by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Stranded in Houston

Well, my Ford 6.0 has the dreaded EGR Cooler failure on our trip from Phoenix to Disney World. It's at the dealership now in Houston. Hopefully they can fix it today.If not, anyone want to rent me their truck with fifth wheel hitch for a couple of ...

DavinD by Explorer
  • 149 replies
  • 0 likes

MSRP discount?

What kind of discount percentages are we seeing of the MSRP prices of the big 3 ??? My brother-in -law is contemplating replacing his 1999 with a new truck... I know the 20% ~30% rule is good for trailers???what about the two vehicles?????? If a dea...

Dodge 2006 5.9L Issues

Leaning towards an 06 with the 5.9L engine. Read somewhere there were problems with the lift pumps in the '04's but were they still a problem with the '06's?Are the injectors and turbo's a big problem with the 5.9's?I bought my '07 used but with the ...

GASA765 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Trans running hot on 2005Ram 3500 Auto

We tow a horse trailer with our 2005 Ram 3500 dually auto. When towing in the mountains the trans temp will get up to 230 deg. as this year does not have the abililty to lock out the overdrive(both the 04 and 06 DOES have this option) its difficult t...

freddmc by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes