Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New or used?

I just finished reading the post of LJ4174. Sounds like he got a lemon. I don't intend to hijack his thread but I am going to be looking for another camper. I am fortunate that I live in central Indiana and can drive to Elkhart In. where there are a ...

jf504mp by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Pumped About the New TV! updated with pics

Well after getting bashed on multiple sites by their weight police for asking about pulling a large Toy Hauler with an F250, and then the endless studying between an F350 DRW and Ram 3500 Mega DRW I pulled the trigger. Ended up getting a 2013 F350 P...

Trip Report - Our first outing in the Lance

The wife and I took our “new to us” Lance out for the first time this past weekend. I added stable loads to the truck a couple weeks back. The first test drive with the camper the truck had quite a bit of squat and some sway. Now it’s much better. I...

Mote by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

What to do about TT tire pressure?

I got 4 new Maxxis tires yesterday. I had the tire shop air them to 50 psi. In fact the first one was aired to 45, but he took it back off and put 50# in it.For the first time, I decided to check the air with my pressure gauges. Truth is, I've ne...

Atlee by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

This can't hurt....might help sales.....

Not sure it would influence my purchase , but it would influence my much smarter wife....(truth be told , I did not even know that Trucks participatedin the safety ratings Olympics). new standard ? CharlesChevy /GMC safety standard grade

cdlaine by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

1992 Chevy C3500 Dually

I currently have a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Mega Cab HEMI that I added 4.56s. It tows extremely well with my travel trailer. However, for the past two years I have only put about 1,000 miles per year on it since it is now a dedicated tow vehicle. I hav...

shbiv by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Does size really matter?

I am thinking about an Olympic Wave heater for my Lance 915 TC, and am looking for suggestions on the size of the unit to purchase. I am also open to suggestions for other LP gas-fired heaters.thanks

to make the gals happy

Howdy. DW needs me to find a trailer with a single double bed for our 10year old daughter, a walk around queen bed and a 2 recliners instead of a jack knife sofa. She wants trailer 29 feet max cuz anything longer makes her nervous. A small slide woul...

nephi007 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Balancing 19.5 Vision wheels

My wheel balancing shop has told me that I should have some kind of a sleeve on my axle that will help center the Vision 81 wheels onto my F350.Has anyone ever heard of this, or do I just need to take the wheels and tires to a shop that is capable of...

Safe adaptaton to over-cab lights.

I just bought a 2013 Ford F350 supercab. I tried loading my Lance 195 extended camper on it but before it bottomed out in the bed the over-cab lights on the truck hit the bottom of the nose of the camper.I am thinking about laying (4) 2"x4" 48" long...

Fishfins by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

GAWR, how close are your to it?

Sorry about yet another thread about weights, but searching the forum, I couldn't locate a specific discussion regarding GAWR regarding operating near the limit. Mello Mike has a good write up about weights in general and I found a thread about brak...

CAJW by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

flojet water pump

Our water pump does not shut off. Sounds like cassete player rewinding when not in use. Changed the fitting worked about 1 hour. It is flojet dont see any leaks and don't seem to be losing water from tank. TT is a 2013

What do you tow with your Ram 1500 Hemi

post truck yearaxle ratio4x4 or 4x2trailer typedry weighttrailer gvwrtrailer tongue weightus mpg when towingwhat's in your trucktrying to make a decision on a trailer. I know the weights work, trying to convince dw. the more info the better