Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Rust-oleum NeverWet

Anyone heard of this product? Sure looks to be a winner for camping. I could imagine this on roofs, entire outside, upholstery, awnings, etc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZrjXSsfxMQ&feature=youtu.beIt's sold at Home Depothttp://www.homedepot.com...

Brake controller question

I've read quite a few posts about brake controllers and came to a horrifying realization. I had always assumed that the brake controller automatically adjusted itself. So now I'm glad to be alive after towing a 20ft rental TT for 1500 + miles to Ye...

stupid breakaway cable wiring...

I have been perplexed which is easy to do since I'm not an electrician but try to do things safely. I have wired up the breakaway switch as the diagram here suggests. I have crimped a ring terminal onto the black wire and attached it to the + pos bat...

Wind deflector between cabover and cab

Anyone tried making a V shaped wind deflector between the cabover and the top of the truck?I have some 1/2" rubber left over from making my snow plow flap, I think that with aluminum angle iron mounted in a V shape might help deflect some air from go...

bug spray

The DW and I returned from getting more fire wood to find what we thought was a roacj crawling on the outside to the right of the door of out TT! well I slammed it with my shoe and it hit the ground then it appeared to flight away.... I immediatly bo...

ken07734 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Trip Report: Valley of the Gods, Utah

Last month we had a chance to spend a couple days at one of my favorite locations in Southern Utah, the Valley of the Gods. I originally wrote this piece in 2011, but have updated portions of it with new photographs, including our sweet boondocking l...

Fifth wheel tailgates

After ALMOST mangling my factory tailgate this weekend, I am thinking about getting a fifth wheel tailgate. Seeking thoughts, opinions, etc on same.Also, it seems they are all louvered. Any that are not?

Beaker by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Just checked my fuel mileage

Well, I just filled up my tank after picking up the trailer and one camping trip. I drove a total of 122 miles and got 6.5 miles per gallon. When I pulled the trailer home, I was really impressed with how well my truck pulled it and how I had all t...

How heavy a 5'er would you tow with this?

1995 F-350Crew CabLong BedAutomatic 4x44.10 Rear End285/75/16265K miles but strong motor and trannyShift KitThe only ford spec I could find online had me at 12,500 with this setup. But interested in perspectives of others with similar rigs, especial...

rknight by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

3/4 ton pulling fifth wheel

I found this on You Tube and I thought that it is worth sharing . The Trailer and tow vehicle that were beautifully restored by a Canadian Gentleman, named Ken Hindley from Union,Ontario, are a work of art from 1938.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...

arizal by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Okay...someone tell me I'm not weird!!

Sometimes I worry about myself because my love of TTs seems a bit overboard. So, confession time...I speed up when I see a TT on the road so I can get close and check it out.When going camping, I seriously ENJOY setting up our TT and have been known ...

LeBout by Explorer
  • 103 replies
  • 0 likes

Finally getting to head out again

Heading out to a local campground for a three day break. We like to get out once a month but this year has been full of challenges from Medical to work being absolutely overwhelming. We made it in February but that's it so far this year.Can't wait!Ju...

epeters by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Thermistor question on new dometic 2652 fridge

as you can probably see, im new to all this.. my new tracer camper came with a dometic 2652 fridge with the thermistor to control the temp. I was just wondering if the little probe thing is supposed to be completely inside that plastic slide thing th...