Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

WHEN BUYING A USED TRUCK CAMPER........

What kind of "official" paper work should come with a used truck camper. A title or registration, some kind of transfer of ownership? The people I'm buying from say they don't have any paper work on it. They got it new. They are very nice people...

New Camper Question #1: Water Heater

We had a (mostly) successful first trip with our new Rockwood Roo 23SS. I didn't think I'd be able to get over missing our 21SS so quickly, but I'm very pleased with the upgrade!Here's the first of two questions. The water heater doesn't seem like it...

Big slide making a bad noise

My 2012 Primetime Tracer 2800RLD slide is having a problem. It has the Accuslide brand slide mechanism. Extending the slide is no problem, but when you attempt to retract the slide it is reluctant to move. It stays put for about 15 to 30 seconds a...

Best travel trailer for 6ft 7in tall person

My husband and I are coming from Australia to the U.S. early next year for a 12 month road trip. We plan on buying a TT and TV and selling them before our return home, but can anyone recommend TT manufacturers that cater for the taller person, i.e. ...

carbon monoxide detector

This will be the third summer we have had our travel trailer the past two trips we have taken the detector has went off in the middle of the night. Did not stay on long only went off once each time I don't believe I have a leak I think the sensor may...

Fiberglass vs. Aluminum mpg's

My new fiberglass TT is 2' longer and 600lbs heavier than my former aluminum sided TT. (the old rig did have a rounded fiberglass front.) On a 400 mile trip this weekend I got 1 mpg better than usual. I've read that smooth fiberglass gets better m...

Robby9 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Black Tank Leak

Did a search and read an excellent posting on how to fix a cracked black pipe. However, reading between the lines, you need to drain the tank and let the crack dry out prior to cleaning up the area. We're presently on an extended stay and will need t...

Honda 1000 ?

If all we want to do is charge one/two batteries (Gr29,), is the 1000i enough. Prefer not to go 2000i, even for only $200 more.I'm concerned about size and weight, somewhat ... and will never care about A/C or MW - it for a few days boon-docking at...

monkey44 by Nomad II
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

New Camper Question #2: Hitch position

As I mentioned in New Camper Question #1, we had a (mostly) successful first trip with our new Rockwood Roo 23SS. It's an upgrade from our 21SS.I really have no knowledge about the best position for an equalizer hitch. I have a Reese equalizer, and w...

APR% Based on Zip Code??

So we've been playing the finance game, shopping for the best terms etc., when get a reply from a dealer stating that our APR would be partially dependent on our location. Never heard of that before. Is that something specific to the RV loan business...

joeshmoe by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Tounge Foot

Do you think this will be safe overall? Its a 12" length of 2" PVC with a Grade 8 5/16 x 3" bolt. Camper is a 19 foot ultralite model.