Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Got excited yesterday!

Saw a Palomino Mavrick TC with a slide yesterday (Saturday) driving into downtown Tulsa. A rare sighting in this TC-poor part of the country! Looked well outfitted on a Ford I think, with bikes mounted on front. Guess I get excited easily! HA!

Shipping a TV state to state

We want to ship a pick-up truck from the Boston area to Florida - we don't want to hire a driver, we want a trucker to pick it up and drop it in Jacksonville.That's all we want, we don't want to rent a trailer, or any other way. Just truck it south ...

monkey44 by Nomad II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

2 more newbie questions

Thank you all for your help with my last electrical/wiring question. It was the fuse at the battery box that blew. We had a mobile tech come out (to fix the leak on the TT- on the dealer's dime) and he helped us troubleshoot and taught us a bit mor...

kt0819 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Is the TT too light?

We recently bought a 2013 Ford F150 with a 302 5.0 STX with a towing package. Our camper is a 2012 Wildwood 26 ft TT. The GVWR on the camper is 7,805 LB. We are also using a Equalizer weight distribution hitch. The problem we are having is the ta...

Salmon Fishing trip to Upper Peninsula of Michigan

I am planning a trip Salmon fishing to U P of Michigan but wondering if Id be better off on the North shore of Lake Michigan, or the South shore of Lake Superior. Im pulling a 19 foot alum skif behind my Ford Dully an Lance 930. I also plan on wading...

rovral4 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Ladders - why do some TT models have them?

This may have been discussed before, but after seeing a post of a member's new TT with a ladder on the back, I was wondering why some have them and some do not. Are these ladders sturdy and how much weight do they hold? Can you use them to maintain...

Doug33 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

RV WHEEL FAILURE - What Happened ?

When your RV Wheel failed did it explode ?Or did it just lose air pressure ?Or was it just the tire that failed and the damage to the wheel ccurred after the tire exploded or went flat ?Had you inflated the air pressure over 80 psi ?Was the load...

Lowsuv by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Starting an overhaul on '77 Holiday Rambler Wide World

I'm starting an overhaul on this baby and I realize it will be quite the project. It will be my first foray into trying to recondition a travel trailer but I'm looking forward to the challenge.There will be lots of questions in the upcoming months so...

djdawg by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Sewer Drain Hose

I'm going to get a new sewer drain hose for my trailer.I brought trailer home from storage and it's missing.I can't imagine anyone stealing it. Don't know where it went, just can't imagine anyone stealing a sewer hose.Anyway, just thought I would sh...

Ford has robotic vans on the road - testing them

Ford is stress testing the new Transit vans using robot drivers who do not care if the van is going over 35 speed bumps per hour at 20 MPH!http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=38168Short video helps explain it all.It is all to help de...

17-20 foot trailers. Good choices and stay aways!

We currently have a kz spree escape 14 ft that we really like but my DH is just a little too claustrophobic in it at the end of our longer trips. So we are looking for a little larger. We would like a separate bed and sitting or dining area. Slight...

Camsmom by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Camper jacks

Hi everyone. Got a question about manual camper jacks. I have a popup with the Rieco Titan jacks that seem to be on every camper I've seen. I just bought a Maranda fiberglass canopy workbox for work and my plan was to take the jacks off the popup ...

1 trailer brake locking up

I am wondering if I just need to adjust the brakes?Only one of the 4 brakes is locking up. If I have the electric brake controller showing more then 1 bar then that one tire completely locks up. I have tried changing the controls on the controller in...