Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

South Labrador Coast

In 2005, having nothing better to do, I drove the Trans Labrador Highway clockwise from the Gulf of St. Lawrence to Happy Valley, then took a ferry - the blue line - to Cartwright (a road has since been opened which bypasses the ferry route). From Ca...

leighc by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

bed cover

I saw a bed cover for the standard bed (short) gmc pickup. It was a folding type with the front 1/3 section that would lock and would lift up to fill an in bed fuel tank the two rear sections would fold over and lay on the front section. For the li...

73 Holiday Rambler Something or Another

Good Evening,Well, I posted in another thread that the trailer I have is a Vacationer. I don't think it is. Below are some pics of the trailer. The one of the kitchen shows a bit of a mess as I used it in a church men's group campout a week ago.I mea...

wallyrp by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof mounted (TV) bike rack

Is there any reason to not have a roof mounted bike rack so that we can take the kids' bikes camping with us?I've looked at the one that mounts above the propane tanks but not only is it pricey, it takes precious tongue weight. I can't seem to find a...

kt0819 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Viewfinders-28bhss

We are looking to upgrade our TT to a viewfinder 28bhss. We love the loot plan of this TT. My question is if you own one have ou any negative comments about it. Also we will be pulling with a 2007 ford f150. Our truck pulls up to 7200. The TT weigh...

Jthunt88 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Silverado HD release dates?

I'm seeing conflicting info on when the 2015 models will be available. The 2014's are arriving now. We need to buy, but want to see what the 2015 will have to offer before we make a decision. Does anyone have a real clue? Thanks!

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Wheel Bearings, Brakes, Tires

Brought my trailer home from storage. All kinds of clanking noises.Grabbed all four tires and shook 'em. Two of them clunked back and forth. Is that really the way to tell if you need new bearings?It's a 2003 without much mileage on it. Just thou...

13.5KBTU Is not cutting it

I have a large RV (Outback 298RE) and I love it. I think it's well-designed, except for a few things... like A/C.Mine came with a 13.5KBTU A/C ducted unit. This is completely unable to knock more than 10 degrees off outdoor temp, 15 if not in direc...

If you have (or had) a ProPride hitch

Please share what you do/did to prevent theft. I'm not aware that there's is a hitch lock and I am looking for ideas to secure both my TT from theft as well as the hitch itself from being stolen.

kt0819 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

New Wheel Bearings Issue

I recently had all four wheel bearings replaced after I had my TT inspected and it was discovered metal shavings in the one. I had just bought it used (2008 Rockwood) in July 2012 and pulled it from Pa to Fla and back this past winter. (3000 miles ...

Corner Jack & Magnetic Rests

First of all, I've been lurking and learning here on this great forum. I've been wanting to contribute, but haven't had much that hasn't already been shared by others. So, this is my first attempt. I know it's not much but it adds another small not...

Painting project finished

As you can see from this rather distant first photo, the frames around my two doors were kind of a dingy yellow that I didn't care for. So, I decided to give them a black trim to match all the other exterior window frames on the TT. I started by tapi...

LeBout by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes