Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Truck bought for truck camper

I just bought a 2007 G M C 4x4 3500 72000 miles It is in immaculate condition, while checking it out at home after I bought it. there were two alternators under the hood I do not think this is stock but do know the man I got it from had pulled a...

Back to a travel trailer

Well, after two years dealing with a Keystone fifth wheel, we bit the bullet and traded it for a new Outdoor RV travel trailer. Shucks, what's money anyway?Now, we have an Andersen fifth wheel hitch for sale, and are learning how much room a fifth wh...

Camper jacks on large casters

This popped up during a craigslist search and got me thinking. What do you guys think about wheels/casters on the bottom of the jacks? Does anyone have this on their rig?I am assuming you would lock the wheels during loading? Or leave them unlocked s...

Convert fastguns to wobble stoppers

It seems to me that with a few modifications to your camper you could make your fast guns dual use. You're not using the fastguns when you need the wobble stoppers. Is there any reason why you couldn't make mount points on your jacks and on the campe...

Freep by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Brake controllers

I've had a brake controller for some time but recently bought a heavy 5er. I'm not sure how to adjust it for the new heavier load. The 5er is about 14,000 lbs.

eb6500 Honda. to travel trailer

I have a nephew that wants to use my eb6500 Honda generator in back of his truck. For trailer air conditioner My question is about grounding. Should generator be on a rubber mate in back of the truck ? Are all travel trailer unbonded like motorhomes?...

Itasca55 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

LasVegas NV tire dealer experienced in tandem trailer

On vacation near Las Vegas and need to have tire checked on my trailer with tandem axles. Don't want ordinary auto tire dealer. Any suggestions for honest, good dealer? Need help ASAP! THANKS❚ Did you see the "Announcement : ★★REA...

BMH0115 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Small portable gas can:

I'm going to be bringing my Honda eu2000i because of the heat on an upcoming trip to the UP. I'll mostly be boondocking and don't have a small gas can that isn't 100% leak proof, only want a 1 or 2 gal. that will fit between TC and front of truck bed...

K_Mac by Explorer
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer Cargo Capacity

Is it a red flag if the trailer Cargo Capacity is around 1500 lbs? I have notice a lot of trailers in the 24' to 26' range either have a 6500 - 6600 GVRW or a 7500 GVWR. Would you consider the ones with a higher GVWR to be more sturdy?

Safety wire for jacks?

Has anyone rigged some type of safety wire or something to keep their camper jacks from accidentally dropping down while traveling?

NEOK by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Michelin Tire Pressure Ratings

I recently contacted Michelin about getting a tire pressure to weight chart because I couldn't find anything on line. In case anyone else has the same tires, here is what Michelin sent me via email.We understand your concern for this matter, Randy. W...

Tire pressure variance on duallies

For those with duallies and TPMS, how much are your tires off from same side or axle? Example: if front axle requires 70 PSI, are both tires at 70 or is 1 and the other 65? How much difference do you allow?

ACZL by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

2018 Chevy 3500 Airbags?

I have a chevy 3500, 4 door, short box. I have a 4213 Jayco Seismic Coming in. Was wondering if there is a need for airbags. I would like to have it squared away before it gets here.I am looking at the Firestone line. The heavy duty setup.

cfd225 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Is my TT too big for long trips?

We are at a crossroads with our current travel trailer. It’s a 2017 Flagstaff 831 BHDS measuring 34’9” total length & a dry weight of 7195, GVWR 8761. The tow vehicle is a 2015 F-350 with a 6.7 diesel & 3100lbs of payload. I purchased a tongue scale ...