Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Is my truck big enough?

I currently have a 2012 ford f150 supercrew with a v8 5.0 axel ratio 3.55. According to the owners manual max trailer weight is 7700 with max GCWR 13500.We are new to rving and looking at getting a zinger by crossroads. Model 328SB dry weight 7734GV...

Bye bye, diesel, hello ecoBoost

Well, things change as you all know, and we decided to forego a fifth wheel, and keep the TT for a few more years, then probably get a motorhome. So, no need to keep the diesel. Don't get me wrong, I loved it! But I just retired, and am going to sell...

nohurry by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Camp Ground

Has anyone been to Daisy Barn Camp-Ground on Lake Ontario in New York If so, what was your take on it? The DW wants to go there in June.Thank you all in advance

kennyd63 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

First "long" trip with TT.

What kind of mileage do you get towing?I have to brag a bit, the best I did on a 800 (towing) mile round trip was 17.5 MPG, the worse was 12.7 MPG. I tried to keep under 70 miles an hour while towing. This is with my 1979 Ford F250 Extended Cab 4X4 t...

jimlj by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Tires

I have one tire on trailer that has been damaged. An exact replacement is longer made. (Brand name) Tire store says I should only replace tires in pairs of like brand.. Can I just replace one tire with matching size of the other one on the axle?

DD716TED by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

New Tow Vehicle Question

I want to start towing my 2010 Jeep Wrangler behind my 32' RV. I own a tow dolly and was wanting to use it but I keep getting conflicting information about being able to use the dolly. Any suggestions on how to make this happen. Thanks in advance for...

Truck to camper wiring questions

I am new to the forum and owning a 2003 Lance 815. Vehicle is 1992 F-250 7.3 IDI. Also inexperienced with electrical systems.My plan for the setup is almost always dry camping. So I am really wanting to get the battery charging system dialed in. ...

jonwegs by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Another Battery Thread :-)

It looks like I made need to replace my batteries as well. I have a pair of Interstate series 29 batteries and they are discharging faster and not fully charging (voltage) anymore. They are 5.5 years old and I would estimate something over 650 cyc...

brholt by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

WW blinds and curtains

Hello, new here. I am in search of replacement curtains for the garage area bed and bath window. I am searching but not luck with a website to purchase replacements. before I make my own figured I'd ask here to see where people may shop.Thanks in ...

Spud805 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes