Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Anyone ever hear of a Prince Air TT?

My sis got one of these from a guy who lived in the Sierras near Sonora. It looks sort of like an Airstream, but I haven't found anything about it on the net. It's old, but apparently RV parks will allow it in (I suppose because it's an Airstream loo...

dale662 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing into the Wind

Just returned from a 1200 mile one way trip to Glacier National Park and back. We were fortunate to not have to deal with head winds to often. My question is, how does everyone deal with days when you have tows with lots of hills and strong head win...

Tire PSI and truck camper question

My question is if the truck manufacturer (Chevy) says the max psi should be 35 (on the sticker) and on the tire it says 51 max psi, would it be ok to increase the pressure from 35 to say 45ish to account for the truck camper? Im assuming 35 is too lo...

robertjp by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Tailgate pad to carry bikes

Hi there, I am thinking of using a tailgate pad to transport bikes while towing my TT. I am interested in hearing from anyone that has had first hand experience doing this. Not interested in opinions, conjecture, etc. Pads generally work great but ...

The new ST tires. Fact or fiction (marketing)

It is good that some manufacturers seem to be stepping up the quality of their ST tire offerings.. And even better that many of the proponents of ST tires on this forum are welcoming these new tires with open arms.... Though I must point out that sin...

INTERSTATE 2500HC 6 VOLT BATTERY EXPERIENCE

I currently have installed in my Outfitter Apex 8 two Interstate 6 volt golf cart batteries. They are 6 years old and have given wonderful service, but at some point will have to be replaced. After doing some research online, I have decided that go...

terryrey by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Fridge normal?

Getting ready to head out on our 2nd trip this year, first since feb due to a newborn. I've had the rv hooked to shore power the last couple of days with the Norcold fridge set to the middle temp, it has 3. The refrigerator was 40° inside on that ...

DinTulsa by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Cable driven slide

We have a cable slide out the back of our trailer, a 2011 Kodiak TT. It contains our bed and a row of cabinets. We replaced the mattress as soon as we got the trailer with a much more ergonomic, and unintentionally, heavier choice.We have noticed t...

Newbie Looking for Advice

Hi Everyone,I've recently had a friend visit and on the back of his truck was a pick-up camper (pop-up style). I had never really looked into them until then and I immediately fell in love with the model!I'm looking for a camper that I can take acro...

I need 3 rows of seats and more towing power....

I'm just looking for ideas at this point. I had a 2000 suburban with 3.73 gears and the 5.3 and it was not enough to pull my travel trailer good. I broke down and got a 2007 6.2 denali with a 3.42 rear end because everyone said it was a great tow v...

anw7405 by Explorer
  • 94 replies
  • 0 likes

Registration question

Does the registration need to be rated for the payload on the TC or just for what is being towed? or neither?Thank you in advance

811Q by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Any towing difference between 8' or 8.5' width?

I'm looking at getting an overall shorter trailer, but perhaps wider. Currently we have a Sprinter 311BHS that is 8' wide (before they went wide body) and am looking at an AF 25W that is 8.5'. Overall I want a shorter unit to get into more places, li...

aclay by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking at New TT or 5th wheel

Hey Guys, we gained a new member to our household recently and looking to upgrade to a bigger rig. We have a bunkhouse now with just the dinette table only, so 3 adults and 2 children would get tight quick. I'm currently looking at a Highland Ridge T...

Best type/brand/size tire on your tow vehicle??

I would love to know people's opinions about what tires they are running on their TV and why. I myself have always bought cheaper tires and also upped the size. But now that I'm getting a little older I thought about splurging for some stock size m...

anw7405 by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes