Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Newbie looking for manufacturer recommendations

Hi All,After 30 years on tent camping, we want to get a travel trailer for the comforts and extending our camping season.We have 2 kids under 8 and live in the NW, we like to take long road trips so expect to get some use out of this.The design we li...

dminnery by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Outfitter Apex electrical schematic??

Loading the truck for the Holiday weekend and found all the electrical inside the camper on the drivers side dead, so no lights, no water pump. Fuses checked and all good. Got to be a broken wire someplace but where? Is there a detailed electric...

Traveling through BC wildfire area

We are scheduled to drive from Prince Rupert to Prince George to Cache Creek to Whistler to Victoria next week and have campsites at each of those towns. I'm looking for responses from anyone that has driven through these areas within the last week ...

GpnAZ by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Overweight Again....

Finally took down the old brick front steps and decided to save a few bucks and haul the bricks to the dump myself. Took out the 3rd row seat and proceeded to pile in the old bricks and concrete debris. Piled 'em up about 2/3 of the way to the head...

BurbMan by Explorer II
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Torklift tie-down have you seen this??

Anyone ever seen this? Went to put the camper on yesterday and found my rear tie-down missing!!??!It would appear that the bracket that holds the tie-down in broke off at some point. It has a little rust on it BUT I had the camper on 3-ish weeks ago...

av8rds by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone running BFG All Terrain KO2's on their truck?

So I bought my 2015 Silverado used about 2 months ago. It had a newer set of BFG All-Terrain KO2 LT265/65 R18 on it which is load range E which is perfect for towing our camper.When I test drove it I noticed the tires were kinda loud. But since I h...

webejpn by Explorer
  • 57 replies
  • 0 likes

Travel trailer wheels

Question for the engineering department. If you don't know, Please let someone who is an engineer answer.Travel trailer wheels have either a centered or outside offset. My question is this. I have outside offset wheels and have sheared off wheel bolt...

General Outside Trailer Maintenance?

I've done some searching, but can't find exactly what I need to do. For example, what kind of caulk should I use to re-caulk the outside (around windows, doors, seams)?Should I be using grease or a rubber protectant on the rubber seals of the slides?...

Using King Tailgater for 2 receivers

We are planning on upgrading from our old style tailgater to the King with ability to run two receivers. Does anyone know how I get the signal to both receivers? We have a satellite and a cable input on the trailer,then I have an input inside the m...

Need Advice: Nylon Ratchet Strap Tie Downs?

tldr: Are there any legal, safety, or engineering reasons not to use a heavy duty nylon ratchet strap to tie down the front of the camper to the truck frame?-------My wife's grandfather just gave us a truck camper (mid-70s, 8-foot, with bed over the ...

Advice on towing with Yukon Denali

Hey folks, I recently bought a 2017 Yukon Denali, and plan on getting a TT around 23-25 feet. I would expect that it won't exceed 5,000 lbs. or so. My questions are: 1. Should I get a weight distribution hitch or just rely on the self leveler. 2. Is ...