Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

So how really bad are the mosquitos in Alaska

I always heard the mosquitos are the Alaska state bird but never having been there I'd really like to know what it's like.Is there a season or time frame when they are worse than others Just out in the boonies or everywhere? Near the ocean, like at ...

trcgolf by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Low Road or High Road to Taos? Chama?

From Santa Fe, which road to Taos? Which road is the Ranchos de Taos church on? I can only do one on my way to the Grand Canyon; would like the one with the best view. Any recommendations on a route from Taos to Chama? THANKS!

Rt 9 VT / NH?

This summer we're headed to Freedom NH from Albany NY. Mapquest & Good Sam routes us across Rt 9 through Vermont and New Hampshire.It looks like a slow but scenic drive, or is there another route that would be better?

mbopp by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Cincinnati to DC

I’m looking for some advice on routes from Cincinnati to Washington, DC (Cherry Hill Park) for the end of this week. We’re a 39’ Class A towing a little car. The rub is this: We’ve noticed that the normally bad springtime roads are absolutely horri...

Knoxville To Branson

Anyone have any input on the route 40 then 24/60 Between Knoxville and Branson? We have traveled 24/60 years ago and I was thinking there were some issues around Paducah trying to get through there.Also is 24/60 a drive through many towns/stoplights...

buffymb by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Pittsburg

Looking at routes from Somerset PA toward Berlin OH. Towing a 35' fiver. Both AAA and Google maps suggest I376/US22 directly through the middle of Pittsburg. Any recommendations on taking (or avoiding) this route? We would probably try to time it bet...

2hams by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

RV friendly diesel before the Keys

Can anyone tell me where the last truck stop or the last RV friendly fuel station is before entering the Florida Keys area. I will be taking I-75 to rte 27 then probably 997 to highway 1. My range is not very far, so I figure if I fill up before ente...

Toolguy5 by Explorer II
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Best route from Branson, MO to Jonesboro, AR

We are traveling to Branson in June, followed by a visit to relatives in Jonesboro, AR. I see there are 3 basic routes.- North to Springfield, then take US-60 East to Highway 63.- East out of Branson on MO-76 and US-160 East to Highway 63.- South ou...

rcrumley by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Nova Scotia to Dunedin, Florida

Can we really do this? Am I crazy to think that we can pack up our 36' Cedar Creek and head out just before Christmas to Florida for 9 weeks, returning the last week of February??? It seems a daunting task, and so very far to travel.We are new to RV...

Easiest way from Allentown PA to Brattleboro VT

I want to break this into a 2 day trip and am thinking of going via Newburgh, NY and then up to Bennington VT via I-87 and over to Brattleboro on RT 7 (or is it 9?). I am looking for the easiest possible journey, not necessarily fastest or shortest,...

vtchris by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Hwy 37 - Stewart-Cassiar update

I just came up the highway the past couple of days, overnighting at Stewart. Contrary to what some people are still saying, the highway is all paved/chipsealed except about a half-mile at the hairpin on the south side of the Stikine River. It's gener...

Dalton Hwy, gravel lots closed?

Reading my 2014 Milepost, the section for the Dalton Hwy / Haul Road has a quick blurb that the gravel lots used for pipeline construction have all been closed off.Are there still plenty of places to pull off, or is the company that maintains the Dal...