Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

unhappy camper @ Ruthledge Lake RV Resort

I really don't know how to begin, Reserve our space from the flyer that was posted on line so our family could visit us while we were in our home town. we reserve site #12, when we arrived site 12 had been given to a wedding party, so we were assig...

21 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for CG in Georgia

We are looking for a nice, big rig friendly CG in Georgia anywhere in the area from the Gainesville, Lavonia, or Taccoa area.We are flexible, as we want to leave the coach in lower elevations and take the toad up into the mountains to look at differ...

Klueck by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrangler RV Ranch & Motel by Colorado Springs

Does anyone know anything about this park. We have a reservation at Falcon Meadow for July 4th for a month but I called them several days ago and they said they had a site for us but it is currently occupied by an evacuee but should be out in a week...

rhingst by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Mt Rushmore

Any suggestions/recommendations for full RV hookups campgrounds near Mt. Rushmore....mid July, 31.5 foot fifth. Two children, 14 and 11.Thanks in advance,AM

Heading for Charleston, SC

DW and I will be heading out on our first long-haul adventure with our fiver. We'll be pulling out, Monday morning, for Charleston. Plan on 3 days, 2 nights to get there, averaging around 300 miles/day. No push; no rush! Have res'vs at James Island C...

Key West FL RV Park Options

We're from So Cal. One of my dream destinations is Key West Florida. Having never been to the area I would appreciate some feedback on were would be the best RV park to stay for a month or so during Nov - April months. We would like most all the a...

rctour by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Grand Canyon Camping

Welp, waited too long to make reservations to Grand Canyon Trailer Village, all booked up for June. Any suggestions for a full hookup campground to see the Grand Canyon and surrounding areas? Thanks

For Those With Only Summer To Travel

We do the majority of our rving June to August when our grandson is out of school so he can take a long trip with us. Any of you follow the same pattern? If so where are you planning to go next summer? We've been to every state in lower 48 (Canada...

Brrr.

I was looking through some old photos. There was one time we were boondocking in a British Columbia Provincial Park in November of 2007. Temperature went down to -10C (14F).http://www.travelwithkevinandruth.com/2007/11/ec-manning-provincial-park.html...

karead7 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Meramec State Park: Beware of site 112

Was really disappointed in this park altogether but Site 112 was a sludge pot. It had rained all day before we got there and was already standing in mud. Almost slid down setting up MH. Table pad was also standing in water. It continued to rain ...

littlemo by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Bahia Honda State Park Reservation Tips??

We are wanting to travel to Key West and are looking strongly at this location. Apparently it is a highly desired park and reservations on the water are hard to get. We are looking at the end of May into June of next year and our dates are very flexi...

recommende guide to rv camping in yellowstone book ?

I posted a camping question in yellowstone a couple of weeks ago and got some really good tips. We have a class C that we will be driving thru the park. I've never been to the park and have no idea of the size. someone recommended "camping" as you...

Virus sickens 200 in Yellowstone and Grand Teton

(Reuters) - Two of America's premier national parks, Yellowstone and Grand Teton, warned visitors on Wednesday about a gastrointestinal illness that has sickened at least 200 people at the start of the summer tourist season.The rare health advisory, ...