DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Replacing dinning tables and chairs

Has any one replaced tables and chairs with a Dinnette? I am thinking about doing this. Was thinking about making the Dinnette. Does any one have any plans for the benches as well as the table?Dan

Toolguy5 by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning fabric replacement

This is for an A&E awningMy awning fabric was shot. So I went to eBay and bought replacement fabric for $119. The package arrived fairly quickly and the fabric looks to be sturdy. Apparently it doesn't matter what the width is, ours is narrow at 13 f...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

7 feet between 6 volt batteries in series?

Looking to upgrade to two 6 volts. Can't fit a double box in the area my single 12 volt is. Would it be ok to locate one on one side of the camper and one on the other with the batteries wired in series appropriately. So there'd be 12" hot to the fir...

rrwantr by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Filter Advise

The wife thinks she need and under the counter,canister type water filter. We use the camper 10 to 12 times a years ,with some full hook ups ,but mostly dry camping. I feel that if you are'nt using the water enough(down time),that you are just creati...

1Longbow by Explorer
  • 56 replies
  • 0 likes

So I need new batt... 1,2 or 3?

So I checked on my rig today and the battery is kaput. Now I'm thinking if I should go dual or triple for the extended time since I want to start going more places whereally some of them only allow dry camping. Going with three would also allow me to...

Corian

I added a cabinet to the living room slide and wanted counter top to match the kitchen. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any remnants of Corian anywhere local. A sheet is $1100! Yikes! Anyone know where a guy can get small Corian pieces?

mkane by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

What I did to my RV today

The post for class a is so long I thought I'd start my own. The rear cap on our rig is three pieces, one, quarter round piece of fiberglass on the top, and two flat panels of filon with a slight angle where the two pieces meet. The "Fleetwood "C" c...

The "Polar Vortex" ate my 5th wheel floor!! What to do?

Well after 7 winters outside, this last week caused my vinyl floor in the 5th wheeler to crack right down the center. We pride ourselves on the appearance of the trailer and this really hurts. Has anyone in cold regions of the country experienced a...

rkassl by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Paint awning fabric . Please advice

Have you ever painted your awning fabric ? if so, what type of paint did you use ? My awning is damaged and I plan to put a layer of Plastic Repair Adhesive and paint it . Is this a good idea ? thankshttp://www.amazon.com/Loctite-1360694-1-Ounce-Plas...

A plug for Maxxair II -- it works in a blizzard

(Dear Moderator -- I hope this is the right forum for this comment -- it is an evaluation of a do it yourself project, so that is why I put it here. Please feel free to move it if it is in the wrong place.)About a year ago, I installed a Maxxair II ...

All my mods:-)

Over a year of reading, researching, saving and preparing for the trip of a lifetime. 8500 towing miles from Miami to New Orleans, Carlsbad Caverns, Four Corners, Phantom Ranch at the GC, GC Caverns, Hoover Dam, San Diego, PCH to San Fran, Yosemite,...