Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

"Light" type fifth wheels versus "regular"???

Need some advice on advantages (or disadvantages) of the "light" fifth wheels (other than weight). Most of them don't seem to allow much cargo weight for the overall gross vehicle weight (some ~1200 to 1500 lbs) versus a "normal" fifth wheel that mig...

gillman by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

wiring a light switch

My wife wants to add some pendant lights to our 5th wheel, and when removing the wire, there are only two wires. One white with a green strip and one white. How do you wire a light switch since you do not have a black,white and green wire. Normal ...

bcrome by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Artic Fox 30ft 5th wheel weight?

Hi forum. I really appreciate the forum for us newbies. Just bought a 1995 F250 4x4 7.3 powerstroke. ext cab. Dual tanks. Now I am looking at a 2005 Artic Fox on craigslist 30ft 2 slides. Any idea if I would be able to stay within the towing and hitc...

deportes by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Furnace runs but will not ignite

Our furnace started this last night. It will come on and do the blow out thing and then you can hear it click to ignite but it doesn't ignite. After 3 attempts it turns off. Any suggestions?

rhingst by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing my new 5er

New to a 5er I threaded up from 30' tt I want to know if my 04 Gmc 2500hd slt crew cab w/8' box gaser will do good towing my Jayco eagle 5er it's dry weight is 8099 w/pin wight of 1755? Thanks

Newer Mountaineer Owners

If you have a 2012 or newer Montana Mountaineer would you post your thoughts, please? Are you happy with your unit? Any problems? Also please let me know if you have camped in it in the colder weather.Thanks!

Napria by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Springdale 253FWRLLS

Looking at moving from a Truck Camper to a 5er, and this unit caught my DW eye. The floor plan looks nice and open and roomy for our kids and grand kids in wet weather, also small enough to still get to some of the great camping spots. Any feedback o...

rickeoni by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow Vehichle Concerns

Thinking about trading my KZ Spree for a Grand Design 303RLS 33' 5er. My TV is a 2013 2500 HD Silverado 6.0 with the 310 axle ratio. The RV dealer assures me the TV will have no trouble towing but my owners manual says I need the 410 axle. Any insi...

Lyncro by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

New TV Tires

I am considering BFG All Terrain TA KO LT285/65R-18/E1 125R. Reviews are generally good but I have found no info on how they handle the weight of a 5er. I would be interested in any towing experiences with this tire not restricted to my tire size.

kohana by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help

New here.Looking for a little help on a few issues.First, I have a 2013 Ram 2500 single with cummins 6.7l and I am looking at a 38ft 5th @ 10800 dry weight. Anyone see any issues towing that combination??Also, that trailer puts me over for the standa...