RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Resume sample for work camping

My husband is soon to retire and we would like to get into work camping for a while but we have no idea how to start a resume for this. My husband worked in the Nuclear Power Plant field which has no value for doing work camping. I know our life expe...

Vinyl Flooring Split

Just got my TT out of winter storage and found a split in the vinyl floor about 18 inches long from the heat register to the kitchen cabinet. I am looking for ideas to repair this in lieu of replacing the entire vinyl floor.All ideas appreciated.

2Macs by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing Audi q5

Hello,Does anyone know if you can tow a Audi q5, with all 4wheels down. It's all wheel drive Quattro.Thx

Lipsb0ly by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Husky Brake controller

I see where questions and answers about brake control devices are in various locations so I'll try towing. Does anyone have a Husky Excursion Brake controller mounted inside their tow veh.? If so dose it work? I am having 'issues' with mine. Tkx....

WOULD LIKE TO IDENTIFY SPECIFIC FLOORPLANS

I am brand new to the forum. I am searching for specific floorplan layouts. I have a specific need to have separate "jack and jill" bunk rooms. I have a 12 year old boy and 17 year old girl. We are looking to upgrade from our little TT. We would be h...

New dometic new gen is drawing more power than old fridge.

Just had new fridge installed and now batterey will not last through the night.This has happened every time dry camping.Batterey checks out fine, fridge is on gas only, never had problem with old fridge, what gives?Fridge starts flashing error code w...

tedzo by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Invisibrake

We have used Brake Buddy for the past 6 years but have recently bought a new toad and BB does not fit particularly well. We were considering ReadiBrake but our dealer/installer is pushing Invisibrake. Does anyone have experience with Invisibrake - c...

Tripalot by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Dealer came through....

We bought a 2011. TT new in July 2012. We had a few small warranty issues and then a couple of biggies. First...there seemed to be a small leak that only on occasion when it rained we found water coming from under the slide. Not a lot but enough to...

loulou57 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

How to Camp Happy!

My wife Stephanie recently published an article on the Jayco Journal about what we have learned in our last four years of RVing and how to "camp happy." I thought some of you might enjoy reading it. What important lessons have you all learned since...

Securing and running a generator inside a truck topper?

Well we've decided not to mount the Honda 3000 generator to the rear rack on our TT. Instead I plan on leaving it in the bed of the truck that has a topper, or camper shell as some call it. I'd like to mount it so that it can be run with the shell cl...

Propane at altitude

Perhaps a silly question, but I am wondering are there any adjustments that have to be made to propane burning rv appliances when camping at altitude? Or anything to look for in the flame/air mixture?I'm thinking about some if the campgrounds in the...

Antenna "Booster" question

We are on our first trip with our new 2015 Coachmen Freedeom Express 23QTX. We chose a campground just a half mile from home for the first trip to make sure all was well. Thankfully all has been well for the first 2 nights!The only issue may or may...