RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Snow!!!

Got your attention, didn't it?Just sitting here getting anxious to go camping and thinking about snow. Although I no longer live in snow country, it made me curious, so I searched for Syracuse NY, where I grew up. Sure enough, the "Salt City" makes t...

2hams by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone install a 2014 cherokee trailhawk blue ox baseplate

It now shows up on their web site. If anyone has one installed what is the deal with the safety cables? It shows in the installation some permanent ones attached to the frame?? It looks like two cables attached to one ring. Hopefully someone can expl...

et2 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

2014 Silverado 3.42 or 3.73

Hopefully some of you have a bit of experience with the newest GM trucks? As a bit of background. I have towed a considerable amount in the last 15 years, with roughly 1/2 dozen TTs and almost as many 1/2 and 3/4 T GM trucks. The issue here is that I...

soren by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Just for fun

Forgive me if this is a completely stupid question (I'm new :))but , do any of you take your RV's somewhere just for fun? Not because you are going camping or getting gas or tires or whatever, but simply because you want to take it.

WVTravco by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Replace Rocker Recliner in Motor Home

Any instruction of how to replace a recliner in a MH?I would like to use a Barco Lounger with a round metal ring on bottom to replace existing chair. How is the chair attached to the floor? Are the round metal rings adequate to use when replacing fa...

How durable are PLASTIC kitchen sinks?

I need to buy a double sink for the 18' Toyota Sunrader that I'm rebuilding. My first choice is stainless steel but plastic double sinks on eBay are a lot less expensive than SS sinks. I'm concerned about a plastic sink ending up with tons of funky l...

What is it with DEF?

Just what is the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) ? What does it do and why do I need it? This is my first diesel and I never heard of it.

Gonzo42 by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Remote fill connector

I have decided that I need an auxiliary diesel fuel tank in my truck bed. The problem is with my tri-fold bed cover folded and the 5th wheel connected I would not be able to refill the tank with out un hitching. I wonder if there is a way to attach...

Calling all Geezers

I'm a geezer too just a yungin though.Watching a bit on the history channel about early roads and vehicles, in the US. I remember redding a long time back about the adventures of Eisenhower and an army Detachment, traveling across America with virtua...

down_home by Explorer II
  • 51 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the weak link?

My current truck has a tow rating of 10,000 pounds. I ordered it equipped with all the towing gizmos. In considering buying a bigger TT, the limiting factor seems to be the carrying capacity, which is only 1444 pounds. If I expect to take the wife...

Get paid to drive?

My son's-in-law company just paid big bucks (about $7K) to have a piece of equipment with "secret" status shipped from Arizona to Michigan. (He does DOD research projects) It had to be in a secure safe and be supervised by an awake person at all tim...

bhh by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

cleaning alum.TT

Has anyone had any exper. using Collinite Liquid metal wax.I have a Prowler TT with really dirty,streaky sides.looking for something to clean it someone said this stuff works. thanks for any input.....

thoms by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Barker Electric tongue jack stuck

I have a Barker Series 3000 tongue jack this is stuck in the up position. I have taken off the top and tried the manual crank, and it bent the crank. Then I took it apart to see if the pin had sheered off, and everything looks good. I have email B...

dmcf by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes