RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Which do u prefer?

Which method do you use when winterizing your camper....do u antifreeze or do you blow ur lines out with air and put antifreeze in the traps?

Generator question

This might be a dumb question but...what is the difference between a regular generator and an inverter generator?Would you connect them to a trailer differently?I mean, as far as I understand, a regular generator will provide AC to the trailer and ch...

bcarroll by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Installation of the Amish Cooling Coil Units

I have a 2011 Carriage 5th Wheel and I'm concerned about this Norcold refrigerator fire problem. My question is has anyone had the Amish coil cooling unit installed in there unit, if so who done it and where are they located. I live in North Florida....

Pictures of the Going to the Sun Road, Glacier Park MT

Here are some beautiful pictures of the snow clearing of the road through the National Park. I hope the link will work for you.http://www.flickr.com/photos/glaciernps/with/8817557394/Maybe someone can fix this so it works like a link should. Thank Yo...

Motor Home is LED toad is NOT

I have a 2013 View on ayMercedes Chassis with LED brake/tail lights with a 7 pin plug. When testing with a 12 volt tester like this I get no light on the left blinker blade and no brake light on either the left or the right side. Mt toad is a 1996 G...

Just_Lee by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Flush King use with Well water source.....yes or no?

This may be a question better called in to the old “Mr. Obvious” radio show…….but, here goes…I am having some difficulties getting a full cleanout of my black tank at my seasonal site. The angle of the sewer pipe from the camper to the connection is ...

Awning travel lock necessary?

We have a 20' Dometic powered awning. I have heard some talk about the possibility of awnings unfurreling while going down the road.....and we all know what a mess that would make. I know our old trailer had a manual awning and we had some straps tha...

no-logic by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

2 6-volt or 2 12-volt batteries

Granted, 2 6-volt golf cart batteries last longer than 2 12-volt batteries. But what if one of the 6-volt dies, are you with out all power until a new 6-volt battery is purchased?Two neighbors of mine both are looking to purchase new batteries and t...

rbp111 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

first aid kits

Just a thought do all of you carry first aid kits. Usually we have at leat a bandaid but this past trip forgot a kit, and don't you know that's when you need it. Took a tumble on a resturant boardwalk that the boards were sticking up. Tore up my arm ...

Terlit' Question

I have a dometic TRAVELER LITE toilet and it has started to gurgle when flushing,any ideas?? Thanks in advance!

Ford Ecoboost Problems

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/blog--nhtsa-investigates-fords-ecoboost-v6-following-two-lawsuits?icid=autos_4373

craiger4 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Camper Slides Forward When Unhitching

When we came back from our last trip it was raining when we packed up and was still raining when we got home and backed the TT in the slightly sloped to the road driveway. We put one of those orange plastic chocks under a tire on each side of the TT...

Flat Towing a Convertible Automatic

Hi I would like to know if anyone is Flat Towing a Convertible that is an automatic. I would like to be able to flat tow a convertible but I want an automatic. I can't seem to find any convertibles that are automatic that can be flat towed. T...

johnbo by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Miles or hours how do you plan your day's drive?

I am a firm believer in hours. With unfavorable traffic conditions a person could spent 8 hours behind the wheel and only travel 200 miles. I personally believe that limiting hours is a safer way to be sure the driver will stay fresh and alert. Profe...