Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

LED chip real-world comparison?

Off-brand. CREE. Bridgelux. Anyone out there have real-world experience with head-to-head comparison of the three? Why do the name brand chips cost 400-500% more? Performance? Longevity?Thanks

Factory installed Magnadyne 300 watt inverter

The factory installed 300 watt inverter's fan is howling and the unit likely will have to be replaced. Unable to find a close replacement for the hard wired Magnadyne inverter. Has anyone replaced with a suitable unit? Thanks.Jack h2005 32W Bounder W...

Wiring For Backup Lights On Toy Hauler

I am trying to figure out the wiring on the 7 pin connector for my 1999 Ford Super Duty. I want to use the Ramp Lights on the Toy Hauler as backup lights when I put the truck in reverse. I have read that the center pin is used for backup lights....

1L243 by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Fixed Our Refrigerator thanks to RV.Net

Our Norcold 1210IM refrigerator quit yesterday and the fault code indicated it was thermal sensor switch issue. This model was part of a recall and apparently the previous owner had the recall part replaced while in Texas back in 2011. Norcold said I...

No over-the-air signal on 3 out of 4 TV's

New 2015 Southwind with King Jack TV antenna. All 4 TV's worked fine when we took the motorhome into Camping World of Tampa for other warranty work and after getting it back, 3 TV's have no signal. The one TV over the dash works fine. We will NOT tak...

'94 Safari Kalahari radeo install screwup

So, I'm Kevin and I recently bought a '94 Safari Kalahari. I was trying to install a cd player and I have shorted out something and now my rig wont start. Long story short, I think I ended up supplying battery power to the ignition circuit through th...

Frozen pipes

Just purchased a 2000 Pace Arrow which has been unused for several years. In the process of reviving it I found it has leaking pipes which are not accessible. My question is does the floor have to be cut for access or is there another way. One leak s...

ac1948 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Rear fiberglass bumper for 1992 Monaco

I have searched this site and Googled several versions of this subject line including RV recyclers, etc. I can't find much.We're in Northeastern California about 60 miles North of Reno. While backing up I was watching a tree in the passenger side mir...

Winegard Wall Plate Power Supply

Like most rvs, I have the above antenna connection with 12v outlet. I am wanting to hookup a 400 watt inverter in the cabinet where the outlet is located. I realized though that the outlet is only good for up to 8 amps. Is there a wall plate power...

What is draining my batteries?

At first I thought it was my charger malfunctioning, but this has now happened with 3 different chargers.I don't have any phantom loads (really!). But sometimes, and not all the time, the charge disappears out of my batteries. Edit: YES I HAVE A DISC...

Naio by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Help me ID a stove!

Howdy folks! Newby here. I'm looking for a name, make, or model, or any leads on a stove I saw a few years back. I met a fellow with a sweet wooden wagon on an old flatbed truck. He'd built the camper, and outfitted himself. Inside was one of the coo...

guisepi by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Blackwater Tank

I am restoring an old Dunham for hunting Shown hereit has a toilet on one side and shower on the other. The floors of both are raised about 4" above the rest, can I assume that it is likely to have a gray water and black water tank? It only has a s...

mppt vs pwm

Hi,A nice little video comparing mppt vs pwm with the batteries in bulk mode.mppt vs pwm

Onan 5500 Runs then shuts down after 10 min...?

Hello,I have a 2006 Weekend Warrior with a 5500 Onan Marquis Gold with 950 hours on it. I purchased the toy hauler used in 2009 and the generator did not run at all so I replaced the plugs, filters and then ultimately the entire carb. It has been run...

Fridge Level Important if OFF

I need to work on my rig some and I'm thinking of putting it in my driveway but my driveway has an incline. I won't power up the fridge but I need to have it there a few days. If I was going to power it up I wouldn't even consider doing it unless it ...