Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

generac help

We have a Generac 4500 in our 30' holiday rambler admiral. When we shut if off it makes several loud clunking sounds that we can feel in the coach as it shuts off? Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?Thanks for any help.

Solar Panel Spec - Can Someone Please 'Splain?

I was looking again at the specs on my new flexible solar panel:21.7 Open Circuit Voltage6.10A Short Circuit Current19.9% Cells Efficiency5.70A Optimum Operating Current17.7V Optimum Operating VoltageCould someone please explain what the 19.9% Cells ...

Repair broken spring wheel well damage (crappy trip)

Hi, This past week we broke a spring heading home and didn't notice it for a few miles. We were 20 miles from home when my 6 month old son decided he needed to eat now, so we pulled onto an overpass and fed the little guy. My wife went to the traile...

csorba by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Oops! Brakes on for 24 Hours!

I discovered that the breakaway switch had been activated (cable pulled out) when I was setting up camp last night. Been sitting here for nearly 24 hours with trailer brakes activated Can I count on burned out magnets, or since stationary, no nega...

Gsturner by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Start Capacitors Run Capacitors A Link

I like this site!It is not overly technical and the information is correct. If you want to learn a little about this air conditioner related phenomenon then I really encourage you to spend some time here. Kudos to the site!http://www.temcoindustrialp...

LP gauge and sending unit

I am looking to find a replacement LP gauge with attached sending unit for my LP tank. It is a snap on, 4 tab, Rochester gauge model 5-2537. I can't find a direct replacement. Does any one know if this has been replaced with another part? Any help wo...

How long should it take to R&R a transmission

I have a Damon Intruder 34 FT class A and doe's anyone know how long it should take to remove the trans and then install it> Is there a flat rate book on that. The repair shop is saying they have 14 and a half hours on it and are still aren't done. I...

Frigidaire Question

Question 1. I have a 40-ft Sports coach elite 2009 diesel pusher. and I have been living in it 3 weeks at a time. I leave the frig on all the time whether I am staying in it or not. But lately I have had to defrost it quit often, every 3 to 4 weeks n...

tcbkenpo by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

I'll never do that again

After 4 years of RVing, and just when I think I am getting the hang of it, another lesson is learned the hard way.I am in the process of putting the TT away for the winter. So I am pulling the anode rod to drain the water heater. I disconnect the c...

Solar install pics

Finally got around to snapping a few pictures when a friend asked for images of my Solar install.Enjoy!

BruceMc by Explorer III
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Pinhole leaks in sewer hose - what to replace with?

Just discovered that 2 out of our 4 Valterra EZ Coupler hoses have pinhole leaks. Less than 3 years old and always stored in our pass-through compartment when not in use (with ends coupled). Never abused so not sure how this happens, although I bel...