Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Propane Detector

Looking for some help as to where is the best place to install a propane detector.Close to the floor, half way up the wall or close to the ceiling? I currently have two expired CO detectors one at floor level and one halfway up the wall. I do have a ...

Cell Phone Signal Booster

Hi Team,Considering adding a Cell phone signal booster to our rv. Something like this one: Wilson Signal Booster - Small Area...Anyone have and opinions/experience with them? ThanksDan

cruz-in by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Cleaning leaf stains off outside panels.

Unfortunately, we don't store our pop up inside during the winter. I store it beside our garage. The problem is that all the run off from the roof falls on to the roof of the camper. I don't already go out and clean the roof off. So I have orange...

jbird68 by Explorer III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volt Regulator

I thought I would start here. Does the experience rv fulltimers feel that it is wise to invest in a voltage regulator. Such as autoformers or a rv volt regulator to keep and maintain correct volt from rv campgrounds pedestals connections? Is it a pos...

New issue with gray water tank

This just started about a week ago. When the shower is used I notice water coming from the top area of the gray water tank and raining down under the 5er. I drained the tank and all was well until it started getting full again. The basement has the d...

AGM Battery & External Charger

I purchased my current TT several months ago. One of the selling points was the upgrades that had been done for using it for boondocking. Briefly, it has a Lifeline 4D AGM battery, 100w of solar with a solar controller, 1500w inverter wired to 2 outl...

jmcgsd by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Great Tank Valve Solution

I don't know which forum or topic I was reading but a fellow camper said he puts mineral oil in his black tank. The oil will oil the mechanics of the tank valve. I went to Home Depot and bought a 8oz bottle of butcher block oil which on the label ind...

Thermisters ???

There has been many questions about how to regulate the temp of their refers. Answers have boiled down to move up to a colder temp and down to warmer. Maybe it's the wine that has given me the courage to ask, "how come". How does the refer know how ...

Cleaning Refrigerator Chimney

The water heater chimney usually rusts with time and use. I have seen recommendations to clean it with a flue brush, but the chimney has baffles in it and it is fairly narrow especially near the bottom. Does anyone know how to clean the chimney and...

hhornig by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Installed Tank Flush System

My trailer doesn't have a black tank flush system installed so I have been using the down the toilet rotary wand... Works OK but sometimes is a mess to take in / out of the trailer. I want to install something like the "Tornado" or "Quickie Flush" ...

DD716TED by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

seafoam

Will seafoam overheat your manifolds if used in the tank?I would like to use it but worried about this and also clogging my filter.I only have about 43000 miles on her but she has set awhile in the past.I have had it for about 3 years and run it mayb...

joe0508 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Colman heat pump sub cooling or super heat

Hello, I have a colman-mach heat pump with 2 compressors in it. I had to change the one compressor and reversing valve on it. Does anyone know the proper sub cooling or super heat calculations for this unit?

mark-45 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes