Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

120 volts versus 12 volt.

We always hook up to 120 power when camping but wonder if one uses only battery power,is this inverted so one can use 120 recepticles for low wattage appliances? Not sure I understand the difference between converter and inverter.

oxygen by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Sheared the pin bolt for the landing gear tie rod.

Just got to the next spot and was unhooking. Got cleared from the truck and when I started lettin it down I heard a "tink" sound in the front storage. Sure enough just as I thought, sheared the little bolt in the rod that ties the two landing gears t...

Converter Issue?

We are on our second trip out this year and we are having Robles with the bunk house lighting. The lights won't go on right away and I have to turn on all the lights in the bunn area for them to work. If I only turn one on the light will flicker.Th...

ugeesta by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

A&E Dometic Awning won't roll out fully

I tried to deploy my awning but it stopped short about 1 full rotation, and then I couldn't get it to go back in (had to use a hammer to gently tap the switch to get it to go back in). I also had to use my hands to manually get it to roll inwards for...

Motosat MD 1000 HD for Dish obsolete?

I have a Motosat MD1000 HD satellite system for Dish Network. A couple of weeks ago the Nomad II was no longer able to find the 3 birds in the sky. I sent my Nomad II controller to RF Mogul to see if it could be fixed, and they informed me that Dish ...

Understanding Charge/Boost button

We've recently bought our first motorhome--a 1988 Foretravel Grande Villa. Having lots of fun getting to know the details. On the dash is a two way switch (off in middle) noted as Charge/Boost. When the dealer was driving with us he had trouble start...

Electric Water Heater

Hi,Quick question. On our water heater, we have a switch to turn on the electric portion of the water heater so it uses electricity rather than propane. Unlike the fridge, which detects if it is connected to a power source, will the electric water ...

markliso by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Layout of Components for Solar Install

I'd like some input on my conceptual plan for my solar install, in particular the best location for the various components.For reference, here is my floor plan:This photo is looking in the entry door at the battery box under the step. The cabinetry t...

Finally got our rig running correctly

Last month I posted about my rig's poor mileage and lack of power(http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/27668067/gotomsg/27670155.cfm#27670155, I found a bad vacuum line, replaced the line but the engine was still running poorly. W...

Don't use Bristol Sink basket strainers

I replaced the two basket strainers today in the kitchen sink and I will never use ones made by Bristal again. It took me longer to get the shrink wrap that seemed to be glued to them off then it did to do the whole job, and some of it on the undersi...

NanciL by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Differences in Champion Inverter model numbers

I am looking at the bundle pack that supergen.com is offering on their website. There is quit a price difference between the 73537i ($1,049/pair) vs 73536 ($1249).Does anyone know the differences in these two models?Does anyone know if they refurbish...

mrad by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery separator in 2001 Chevy -- need help!

Hi all,The original battery isolator used in my 2001 Chevy Roadtrek is shot. I have a Sure Power 1315 Battery Separator, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to wire the alternator excitation circuit on it, as this was a dedicated post on th...

Dometic Refrigerator will not stay lit on gas

I have Dometic Refrigerator that is about 15 years old and works fine on A/C. When I try to run it on LP it seems to light, but then clicks off and t he "CHECK" light comes on. My stove and water heater work so I think I have OK gas pressure. Does...

hhornig by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes