Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Yamaha EF2400is Surging Idle

My vintage 2007 EF has the dreaded surging idle. I pulled it apart and cleaned the idle jet, the main jet and the third pointy screw in the carburetor, and the dang thing still surges.Even though I am in DFW, I can't locate a Yamaha service center a...

Solar Panel Problem?

Last year I installed a 120w solar panel and a SunSaver 20L controller to my Truck Camper.To monitor the system I installed a TRIMETRIC TM2025-RV / TM2025-A BATTERY MONITOR.And to read the voltage and current directly from the solar panel I installed...

Need feedback on using park cable.

It's been many years since I stopped hooking up to park cable for TV service. Now that my satellite system is non functional I am reverting back to using park systems with varying results. I have digital LCD TVs, but have had difficulties scanning in...

Electric awning

I have a Carefree Electric awning, one day I have a big sag in the awning so I thought put it up and let back down, it would not roll up, so I started rolling up by hand, got almost up but could not get all way up, I released it and it came crashing ...

JohnDoe by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

bright lights

I have a 92 p30 chassis motorhome.I have the four headlight system.Two on the outer for dim and two on the inner for bright.I know there is a way to make all four to come on when on bright but dont know how to make it happen.Can someone help me out h...

joe0508 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Possible purchase...How bad is this delamination? (pic)

Hi folks,Please look at the attached pics. I know there are a lot of unknowns when all there is, is a picture, but it's all I have right now in considering a long distance purchase.My concern is how hard is it to repair this...what's the best and wo...

wsalopek by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Microwave Not Working on Generator Power

For some reason my microwave has no power when I have the generator powered up, but it works fine when I am plugged into shore power.I don't recall having this issue last year (we have had the rig about a year now) but I also don't recall using the m...

patrick_ by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Water leak from dometic toilet

We have a Dometic toilet that has developed a water leak. From what I can find on the internet it looks like a 300 series model. It is spraying water out the vacuum breaker. Is there anything I can try to repair this or does it require replacement? I...

Dometic fridge not cooling

I have a 2000 Sunnybrook 5th wheel that has a Dometic model RM 3662 refrigerator in it. I leave it plugged in continuously while it is parked in my yard. I went out to get something today and found that the fridge was not working. All of the lights a...

Weird 12V question for you electric gurus...

I'm hoping you guys will be able to troubleshoot this for me as I am totally baffled...Background:-In our former TV cabinet, we had a 12V outlet on the same plate as the coax jack. It didn't work. Took it out and found there were no 12V wires attache...

Truck Electrical Setup

Setting up a TC for a South America trip so I'm installing a 4 battery system and have several questions.Truck is an older F350 with the standard 30 amp fuse that feeds the existing 7 pin plug, probably a #10 wire. An upgrade is necessary.1. Do I j...

30 amp adapter

Somehow I ended up with what I thought was a 30 amp extension cord for my TT. Pulled it out last night and found it has a 30 amp RV male on one end and a 3 blade twist lock marine female on the other end. I checked CW and Wally but don't see an adap...

Air in water coming out of sink

Hello everyone.Newbie here. So if I posted this in the wrong spot please just let me know.An ways I have a Viking popup with an electric water pump. I had my dealer winterize it last winter and I opened it up for the first time this summer. Everyth...

Battery cut off

We just bought a 2013 Montana with a battery cut off switch or in this case a plastic key that you turn to off when you don't want the battery to get a draw. My question is should this also disable the landing gear and stabilizers? My battery keeps d...

marter by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Leaking toilet blade seal fix

I replaced all the seals in my Thetford toilet about 4 years....it cost about $60...rediculous. Last fall the blade seal started slowly leaking again. I tried cleaning it, scrubbing the groves with a brush, etc without success. I figured they shoul...

psa0298 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes