Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Ball mounts Is it legal to have one when not towing?

Some time ago there was quite the thread about whether is it legal or not to have a ball mount in a TV when no trailer is attached. Came across answer today when looking for other stuff. I suppose answer is good for WA state only?Question: Is it le...

path1 by Explorer
  • 86 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar chargers for Two 12 volt batts

Hi im in the market for a solar panel trickle charger for two 12 volt batteries on my hauler. I have an attitude 27 cbg and it came with the option of getting a 10 watt solar panel which i didnt get..i decided to get an aftermarket one so i can take ...

Coleman 7300 Hard start kit

Looking for a little help finding what I need to try to run a coleman RVP 7300 AC on a '94 prowler off a smaller generator. Did searching but struggling finding what I need for the kit.Thanks

How Much Power Savings using LED's?

Just purchased 4 warm white LED panels with 20 5050 LED's. Wanted to experiment with these on my TT before purchasing more.Anyhow, one 20 5050 LED panel wasn't nearly as bright as the original 921 bulb in my TT. Tried two panels and it was as brigh...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning sag

I have a 19' awning on a 2013 fifth wheel. I have had several trailers over the years and this is the first with a longer awning. I noticed that on this awning, the fabric in the center of the awning sags considerably. The fabric by the awning rai...

Dometic High Profile 310 toilet question

Been thinking about replacing our toilet with a foot flush model. Some of the reviews I have read indicate that you may have a problem if a male is sitting while urinating, since there is no lip liquid squirts over the bowl. Would anyone who has this...

SJR by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing Converter

Taking out the WFCO and about to install the new not WFCO converter. I'm not sure if I need to disconnect the 110 while installing it. Thanks

anchor by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting Solar Panel

I have a portable solar panel that I use to keep the coach batteries topped up when boondocking. With my fifth-wheel and two 6-volt batteries in series, hooking it up was obvious--positive on one battery, negative on the other. Now, with two 12-vol...

Refer cooling units leaking

I read a lot on this forum about replacing the cooling units due to ammonia leaking out. Most seem to be caused by rusting or cracking at the joints. I don't fully understand what actually happens. I thought that there were rust inhibitors inside the...

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Renogy Brand 30A Solar Charge Controller

In preparation for spending the upcoming winter in Baja boondocking on the beach with my little travel trailer and the pooch, I JUST finished putting together my very first solar panel - 100W Renogy with a same brand (although looks very generic and ...

Washer dryer como or stacked

A MH were considering comes factory prep for a w/d standard but lists it $2500, I see combo units for $7-800 and stacked for $12-1300 .It is just two of us so we don't do big loads.Your opinion

Lipets by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Our disaster week at Ocean Lakes, NC

This was suppose to be a wonderful week. My daughter was getting married, at Myrtle Beach, S.C. We pulled into our site on Monday hooked up and settled in. After breakfast Tuesday morning I left with the ladies and my husband went out and hooked up t...

zipp by Explorer
  • 59 replies
  • 0 likes

OEM Propane Heater vs. Portable 1500w 120 V Ceramic Heater

Most of my traveling will be in warmer, southern climates. However, still want to be prepared for the unexpected. Had a couple of question for those of you who've survived a winter or two on the road:1. Any particular pros & cons to using a portab...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Invertor Fan - Going Bad?

I have a 2010 North Country TT. The invertor fan is beginning to make a strange noise and seems to have difficulty starting but eventually does start. Two questions - is that dangerous and is it easy to replace the fan? Appreciate any help.

Wjohns02 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes