Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

hot water issues

have a atwood hotwater , elec and propane, for some reason it will not light. it was running then quit and will not restart, anyone have any ideas on what to check and how?thanks

lucky13 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Had a strange call from "Microsoft"

Watch out for this one!This morning I received a call from someone with a strong East Indian accent, who claimed he was from Microsoft and he claimed that I had a problem with my computer.After answering several of his questions, he directed me to a ...

sh410 by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Electrical Issue

Need your advice for a novice RVer. I have a class C and now know that I was hooked up to 240V. I believe a power surge came through and knocked out my microwave, outlets, and ac. Everything that can run off the house battery is still running ok. ...

Newbie to solar question

I am thinking about building a some what protable solar recharge kit for my tt so I can do up to a week of boon docking. I know I need to do the total power worksheets. What I was wondeing is more or less which Charge controller to look at. I want...

Majja13 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Prosine 2.0 will not reset.

After 10 years of faithful service my Pro may be done. I have an error "Prosine internal error #xxxx" on the panel, then "attempting to restart".. but it will not. The inverter switch is on, and the panel says it is, but it will not invert - it's on...

2oldman by Explorer II
  • 115 replies
  • 0 likes

AZDEL is amazing

Ok having moved from near Canada to the Gulf Coast, I figured I was done with cold weather camping. Somehow our first two trips last fall and ongoing now ended up below or near freezing. But the new camper is made with AZDEL. Really it is shocking ho...

HiTech by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Low angle solar performance

Has my one seen data on performance by specific panel or general PV type for different incidence angles of solar radiation? All I can find so far is generic info.Jim

HiTech by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

a/c unit hardly working on generator power

hello,i have a 28 foot toy hauler that has an onan generator from the factory. when i bought the trailer and the salesman was showing me how everything worked he used the generator to show me that the a/c unit worked fine with generator power. howeve...

Running AC on battery power

For those days when the pets have to stay in the RV, and the CG charges extra for electricity. Is it safe to unplug the shore power while you're out while leaving the AC on for the pets and then plugging back in when you return? Or will the batteri...

AC problem

Roof top coleman AC/heat pump is blowing out hot air instead of cold. Are there a series of troubleshooting procedures that we could use to figure out what needs to be replaced? Unfoturnately neither of us know anything about AC's.thanks,

Need help with Electrical problem

I have a 2006 Four Winds 29' Class C Motorhome. Recently, the 12V coach power stopped working. I just replaced both batteries and charged them and changed out the battery cables, the engine starts fine. It works when on shore power and with generat...

mikeg72 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

refrigerator defrost question

I now have my residential refrigerator in my RV. I run it off my inverter, generator or shore power. I don't have a lot of battery power to spare so I disabled the defroster. Another member of the forum mentioned I might have problem doing this a ...

Replacement RV microwave

My microwave recently quit working and I am exploring different options for replacements. I would like to do more dry camping. My brother-in-law told me about LP powered microwaves and I think his would be a great idea for me. Does anyone know whe...

Huckleby by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes