Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Charging a maintenance free battery

I acquired a 12V maintenance free battery for free. I do not plan to use it in my TT. I do plan to use it to run an old RV FW pump. I am a home brewer, and I use the old pump to pump ice water through a chiller to cool down the wort. This takes 15 t...

jamnw by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold 1200LRM fails to power on.

Hello,I have a new to me 2005 Winnebago Voyage with a Norcold 1200LRM fridge. The previous owner said the recall had been taken care of and it appears so as there's a box in the maintainence area with a wire that has a 2011 date attached to it.Anywa...

Intermittent Onan Problem

When driving with the 5.5 QD running for the roof air, all or some of the outlets on one leg loose power. Sometimes it is just the A/C that stops, sometimes it is the microwave clock and/or other general outlets. Usually, stopping the genset and imm...

hot water

Hot water heater not working on propane. Does work on electrical just fine. Light at switch to turn hot water on doesn't light up and it use to. Can't smell propane coming out of tube where it feeds into the tank. Trailer is a 2003 Komfort.

Splendide 2100XC not drying

I have a Splendide 2199XC in my 5th wheel. It doesn't dry very well. Then when you reset it to additional dry time it runs for a few minutes then goes into a the pre wash, low rinse and on off lights flashing. It sounds like the motor is running but ...

Norcold 1201LRIM Stopped working

My Norcold panel lights are off and the internal lights are not working. If I remove the 12 Volts from it then turn it back on and I press the On/Off button it will come on for a few seconds and then go out. No codes - just nothing on the panel. Any ...

Snowwing by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

6 Volt Battery Issue

Have a Sams 6 Volt Golf Cart Battery I purchased in May of 2011 that has lost water in the middle cell. The MH stays on shore power to keep frig power, and to keep batteries charged. The other 3 batteries show 6.37 Volts. The one that lossed water sh...

faucet1 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP!!! Coach batteries not recognized by inverter

We have an 85 Prevost which has had fairly substantial updates. Several years ago we had a new Magnum inverter/battery charger installed. The unit has a substantial set of house batteries which are all new. The coach also has a set of batteries (n...

MtLaw by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Running wire in the ceiling (and other stuff)

I've almost completed my Winter upgrades, but now I need to remove a ceiling mounted speaker to facilitate snaking wire. How do you gain access? Does that cover pop off? Do you twist it? (This is an '04 Fleetwood Pioneer trailer)On a somewhat rel...

What to do with an 1991 Jamboree chasis AC with R12?

Hi all!Just bought this RV. The chasis AC does not cool. The compressor does not start. I can tell that this AC runs on R12 by the refill connection type. A workshop suggested a conversion to R134 for $550. They replace the also the dryer and accumul...

grodnay by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

5.5kw Onan genset in my 2011 toy hauler belt broke

I just received a call from the Camping World service center stating the belt on my generator broke. Of course this is not covered and I would not expect it to be but the generator only has 104 hours on it and the toy hauler is only two years old. Do...

lamopar by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding 30amp receptacle to Generator ready RV..Question

Hey guys,I have a generator ready rv and wanted to add a 30 amp receptacle. It is already wired but looks like its for 50 amp. white - neutralbare - groundred - hotblack - hotI do not have a 50 amp generator and just want to put the 30 amp receptacl...

yobie by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Electrical Phantoms

'06 Cavalier. 30 Amp service soon to be 50. Progressive Dynamics PD4560 dist. box.Now for the weird and the question, Lol.Everytime the converter is on my radios pickup tons of RFI and the television signal is lost(DTV). Pulled out the volt meter and...