Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Cargo Trailer Conversion Elect. Question

I am helping convert a cargo trailer into a camper and it will have its own converter charger. The trailer has a seven pin plug which also provides power to its interior lights and roof fan...My question is if we tap into this circuit to provide para...

3_tons by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing interior lights

Are there any issues replacing an RG921 incandescent bulb with a 921 LED from an automotive store ? Or does it have to be a specific LED lights for RV’s

Tara338 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Will this charge an AGM battery?

I need to replace the battery in my 2007 Flagstaff 5th wheel. Someone told me to make sure that the converter would charge an AGM battery.I have a World Friendship Corp converter, mod: WF8955AN. Panel input 120 vac 60Hz 30 amp. Converter input 105-13...

B92F by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery corrosion? 's

I was checking the electrolyte on my house battery (interstate srm24)And notice that the insulation on the wires have pulled back from the terminals and there is a lot of the green corrosion showing on the exposed bare wire. I know this leads to in...

suprz by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Black Tank Repair - GOOD NEWS !!!

I have a small 1 inch crack in the black HDPE holding tank. I might plastic weld it. But I'm considering the use of Tap Poly Weld Adhesive. Click here to view Tap Poly WeldHas anyone here used this product to repair a HDPE tank and what has your e...

Overloading A D.C. Inductive Panel Ammeter?

I have no experience in this area.I want to use an inductive DC PANEL AMMETER rated for 100-amps on a battery charger rated at 157 amps max.Their 200-amp inductive gauge has a resolution of 3 numbers, obviously whole amps.And that stinks for observin...

Rust Under Brand New Camper

We just bought a 2019 Coleman, our first camper ever. I crawled under it for the first time today and there's a lot of rust. Is this normal and is it ok? Do we need to do something?Picture

jentrxm by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Understanding solar

I am trying out solar for the first time. I have a toy hauler with 2 brand new 6 volt batteries wired in series. I got a 100 watt solar panel with a 11 amp charge controller that cuts in at 13v and cuts out at 14.2v.I hooked it up and my readings con...

Inverter/solar install questions

I am installing an inverter and solar panel setup in my Volante 380MD 5th wheel. I have a Magnum 2812 inverter, 2x 100AH lithium batteries, getting 400AH more of batteries soon. What I am thinking of doing is making the current primary electrical pan...

Renogy 20/40 amp DC to DC battery charger (UPDATE)

I set this unit up as a super jumper? I had an old set of 4 AWG 20-foot real copper leads. I installed new parrot beak clamps and cut them at a 6' mark. I installed the charger. I used a fuse as the on/off switch. I hooked it up to a sulfated battery...

“Service Temporarily Unavailable”

I occasionally get this page when navigating through this RV net forum...“Service Temporarily Unavailable - The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. Jakarta/ISA...

3_tons by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

FIXED Dometic RM 2310 needs repair to run on propane

This unit is in my 1997 Xplorer 230XL. I have used it 63 nights so far this year. While in FLA Feb & Mar I mostly boondocked and had it on propane. I could only get the piezo lighter to work twice. Not sure if it's the gap or needs a new part. S...

steveh27 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with remote-operated dump valve (cable style)

My 2006 Keystone Raptor has those cable-style remote dump valves for the black and gray tank. Over the last, I dunno, year, the black valve has become more and more difficult to open and close -- very stiff. The other day, the plastic threaded neck...

RobG by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes