Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Dometic AC compressor not starting

I have a Dometic 57915.531C roof AC unit that the compressor is not coming on. The fan runs at both speeds without issue. It has an Analog control unit 3107541.009. I found and downloaded the service manual and ran through the troubleshooting section...

mkurtz by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Champion 3400 Watt on Sale

For those in Canada. Starting tomorrow, Canadian Tire has the Champion 3400 watt generator on sale for $999.99 - which is a decent price for Canada.The 2000 watt model (which I have and really like) is also on sale for $599.00.

Drawer mechanism recommendations

On a recent trip in our 2005 Northern Lite 10-2 CD, three of the drawer mechanisms quit keeping the drawers closed during travel. I am considering replacing the mechanisms with something other than original equipment. Any recommendations?

securing Televison in bedroom & connection questions

Hello,I just finished installing a television in the bedroom of our 5th wheel. I put the TV mount right over the spot labeled and secured with lag screws.My questions now are:How can I best secure the TV while traveling? Do they make a kit with strap...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatic awning issues

I have a Dometic 17’ automatic awning on my TT, and it now extends and retracts very very slowly, and sometimes stops alltogether. My wife will have to hold the button down while I manually help it along. I am not sure if this might be an issue with...

Norcold N1095 - Freezer-20* | Fridge-Warm

Good morning....Freezer is making ice nicely.....Fridg is not cold enough to keep items from turning bad, but, had been great until this past week ...At 7,000’ on propane.... We have been at this location since 4/18... I’m defrosting the entire unit ...

_1Flyboy by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Black and Decker VEC1093DBD equivelent

I have the VEC1093DBD smart charger and am very happy with it. I bought it at least 5 years ago. I'm trying to find an equivalent for a friend but can't seem to find one. The VEC isn't made anymore. Any suggestions? The 40A charge setting is gre...

Drew_A_ by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser Tail Light bulb holder

the bulb holder will not stay in the tail light assembly and we are looking for a new one to replace it. I've checked the Gulf Stream web site and see no parts lists ... Auto Parts stores don't carry it. Where do you go to get replacement parts li...

Drive outdoor blue tooth speaker from analog cd player

I haven't seen this addressed anywhere. I couldn't come up with anything on a search. I have the original system that came with the trailer in 07. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to this stuff, go easy on me. Is it possible and...

mosseater by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

awnings4RVs, any experience with this company?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone on this site had any experience with this company, Awnings4RVs? I ordered an awning from them a week ago based on the testimonials of them being fast shippers. (Of course the testimonials are on their website so I kno...

rbreak by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar panel with 6v batteries?

My 5th wheel has a 90 watt solar panel on it with a PVCM25D controller. The two 12v Interstate batteries that are in it have died after 5 years and I need to replace them. I'm thinking about doing two 6v batteries like the Trojan 105. The solar panel...

Awning arms question

My awning woes continue. I have new fabric for my dometic power awning, and I am wondering about the best way to safely remove the roller bar from the arms myself. The arms are spring loaded to extend, and if I take the roller off when the awning is...

Lippert Solid Step

Just thought I'd share my experience and hopefully help someone else. I have a 2018 SportTrek 290vik and I promised myself that my next camper would have those nice solid steps. Unfortunately it came with the cheap fold down steps so I started doin...

hbrady by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator adjustment

I got my old 3500 watt Coleman gen out to run it a bit and checked the voltages. I only use it to run ac or make coffee. I adjusted the Hz to 60 under the ac load and I have 117 volts on the gen outlet and 109-110 on the inside trailer outlets. When ...

Skidus1 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Motorhome won’t start

I cleaned and replaced the slide out switches in my 2000 Alpine couch. Slide outs worked great in auxiliary. Then when I tried to start the Motorhome it just clicks. Chassis batteries read 12.99. Dash lights to start engine but it just clicks. Any id...

Bseader by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes