Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Awning question (last one hopefully)

Ok...awning off, new fabric on, end caps replaced...now, it is a 17’ Dometic awning, and the research I found said that the spring should be tensioned 10 turns (clockwise—spring is on the left side). My question—after turning it 10 times (assuming t...

air conditioner and generator while traveling

When we picked up our new class C the tech told us that running the generator for house A/C, would be more efficient than the dash A/C. We have a 4000W Onan/cummins. Doed anyone know if this rings true or as he trying to take heat concerns away from...

jls by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

AGM battery test results and what should I do next?

I have 5 AGM batteries: 1 new for the chassis, and 5 used Fiamms for the house. All have their quirks. I want to report back on how I've tested them this week, and hear you folks' thoughts on what I should do next.Chassis: I bought the newest I co...

Naio by Explorer II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Suspected leak in 1 year old Mallard travel trailer -

Hello RV friends!! I have an IDM245 Mallard travel trailer and it's been great so far. Before leaving on a trip the other day I noticed some water under the axle. I looked and it was (slowly) dripping from around the propane connection under the refr...

Oil Change Interval

I own a 2015 Toyota Sienna van. The warranty is almost up. My question has to do with the oil change interval shown in the maintenance manual. It stipulates a 6 month/5k miles interval between changes. I've been using the dealer for oil changes while...

mr__ed by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Air conditioner problems

One of the air conditioners in my fifth wheel is acting up and I can’t afford an rv tech right now so I’m handling it on my own. I have a pretty decent electrical background so I’m not going to kill myself touching something I shouldn’t so don’t worr...

Awning straps

I am sure it has been discussed already but the search didn't work for me.When I was in Texas recently I noticed some people had run a strap from the awning ends to the under side of their trailer to help brace against the breeze. Now my wife insists...

Flashman by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

New one on me...for the electricians

SIL and her husband bought a new to them fiver this year. Last night when they got to the unit, sitting on a seasonal site,the water in the tank was already hot. The power switch for the tank was in the off position and propane tanks were both turned...

The Official unofficial CPE 2000i Generator Thread

8/1/2010 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.Renamed from: Champion Inverter and Remote Gens Promo on CPE's web site)3/22/2011 edit: Thread renamed ...Renamed from: Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread3/23/2011 edit: T...

pritch272 by Explorer
  • 2927 replies
  • 0 likes

about differential and transfer case fluid replacement

My 4Runner 4wd is already 122000 miles and differential and transfer case fluid not changed. It still drives like a dream. I heard that if you change the fluid it will hurt your car more since those fluids never been changed since. Is that true?

Anyone change to LED's on interior?

Looking for some advice from those who have change their interior lights to LED's. I as just about to purchase a set on three long ovals for $36. However, after reading the reviews, I found that some found the color of the light to be very annoying. ...

mrad by Explorer II
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with Dometic AC interior cover

Hello,I removed the interior AC cover to clean the filter and now can't get it to go all the way back into place. Can anyone tell me if there is some sort of trick etc. to get the cover to slide all the way into position?Thanks!Dave

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Where to connect Surge guard

My jayco greyhawk 31SS has all the fuses, beakers, and converter/inverter under the bed on the passenger side. I would like to install a hard wired surge guard but am not sure where to wire it. Because my coach has a automatic transfer switch, where...

suprz by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes