Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Question about my refrigerator

We are new TT owners due to a massive flood in March destroying our lake house on Lake Caddo in East Texas. Bought a very clean used Layton Joey that is working perfectly for us until we rebuild. Question about the frig: I am leaving it running al...

Giltex by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Insurance questions

I've been shopping for a new van, and have run into a problem.Out west, even if you plug in the zip code, Blue Book values for used vans are about 33-50% of what people actually pay. But insurance only values the trucks at Blue Book.This is bad enou...

Naio by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Easy Start 13,500 AC

Looking for a 13,500 air-conditioner that come with a factory installed easy start capacitor. Do any of the manufacturers offer such a unit? Thanks in advance.

TECMike by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

30 amp extension cord recommendations

Our new trailer has the built in cord at the back. Thinking to reach some pedestals we will need an extension. Any recs on one? Our old trailer was on the side and we never needed one. First trip out though dh had to pull forward to reach. Thanks

Smell/odor in trailer

I have a 2007 33' Crossroads Cruiser TT, that is is pristine condition. We keep it stored inside when not in use. Every since we have owned it, we have noticed a very slight, but distinct odor. Its not offensive to me, but bothers the wife. We on...

sageless by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Happijac tie down question

I recently bought a 2016 F250 and need to install the Happijac tie downs on the new truck. I installed the Happijac on my old 2000 F250 with no problems. The difference I'm seeing with the 2000 and 2016 is the 2016's rear wall on the bed is ribbed wh...

Manfred by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How many amps to run AC

How many amps do you need to run the AC? We are headed to a music festival next week, and have conflicting info as to what service we will have. We've been told both 20 and 30. (I've never heard of 20 amp service so hoping that was a mistake.) We h...

perkc2 by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: 191 to Jackson, WY

Has anyone driven on Hwy 191 from Rock Springs, Wy to Jackson lately. It looks like it is in the middle of nowhere. Is a good road or should I pick a different road when I go out in September?Thanks.

macdale4 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Integral brake setup

I had a integral brake install on my f150, I hook up my trailer this week to set my brake I hit the plus button several time think that would increase the brake, but I did not noticed any change. anyone with a integral brake would you please advise m...

Screws into the ceiling

I have a plastic rail type thing that is screwed into the ceiling holding a curtain (floor to ceiling) that separates the bunk beds to the rest of the camper. Three of the five screws have been stripped out and will not stay when I try to screw them...

sac89 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Oven Temperature Variation

We have a 2015 Keystone Bullet. We have been carefully going over all the details in the trailer making sure that anything that needs to be addressed by the 1 year warrantee has been. One thing that has caused us problems is the large temperature v...

EricE by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Rails under gutters

Would like to know what the aluminum rails under the gutters are for? This is on a Lance 915 Lite. Just want to make sure before I install an awning. On our old pop up the awning was inside a bag that hung from a similar channel. I'm planning on ...

New diesel shopping

The time has almost come to buy a new truck for the family. I was hoping to hold off until December 2016, but after a recent trip pulling the camper 2000 km I think it needs an upgrade before the next big trip. I am looking at a 3/4 or 1 ton diesel...

Kevinwa by Explorer
  • 63 replies
  • 0 likes

A/C and All-Season

I'm looking to buy a 27-31' travel trailer soon. I've noticed that they all come with a 13.5K A/C unit but have the option for the 15K unit. I've heard from elsewhere that a 30' trailer really requires a 15K unit in warmer climates. Is that true?A...