Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

repainting the frame

Time to touch up the frame and wonder what everyone uses for paint. Powder coating would be best but out of the budget. Just want something I can do myself.

ZeeLet50 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Fresh Water Tank Location

I have a new Coachmen 283 RKS and the underneath is sealed so I have no idea where the exact location of the fresh water tank is. Now, the fill up and low point drain are right in line with each other pretty much as far back on the right side as you ...

Missing something ... while leveling

Truthfully, it's a spot we'd been to before. We remembered how many blocks to use for the dually tires on one side and for each front.Nevertheless, I thought I'd see how perfect we got the level. I usually use a bubble level, but I couldn't find th...

jimh406 by Explorer III
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Truck camper battery

We purchased a used 1997 Lance Squire 8000 last spring. It came with a 65 watt solar panel. We noticed last year that when boondocking the dc LO light came on the fridge quite frequently. We would run the truck for awhile to charge the battery and fi...

Mstyrain by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

New tire help

Picking up a spare tire before I get my trailer is load rating C. Is that good for a 5700 pound trailer

Cdaddy by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

2017 Powerstorke numbers

Ford Ups Power, Torque, Hauling Capabilities for 2017 Super Duty PickupsJuly 18, 2016SHARING TOOLS | PrintSubscribe0Photo: FordPhoto: FordFord Motor’s 2017 F-Series Super Duty pickups with aluminum bodies have higher engine output ratings and ...

ACZL by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Condensation on outside of windows

Have had several TT's over the past 20 years. I understand the condensation problem on the inside of the windows when the heat is running and it's cold outside.My question is about condensation on the outside that forms when it's extremely humid. Our...

Mikesr by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Transmission service

Any options on transmission service: draining vs flushing. I know draining doesn't get the torque converter. Have a 2016 Tundra and the dealers have varied opinions on service as well as mileage intervals. Some say 100,000 mi. Any info will be appre...

Roof leak could use some advice

Okay so I've got my 2007 jayco 25z feather lite camper, last weekend the wife and I decided to take it out for a overnight get away to lake Georgetown here in Texas. It was about 100 degrees when I finally got everything set up only for the AC to go ...

SnugTop Outback - Anyone Have One?

Does anyone currently have a SnugTop Outback?If so, I would love to hear your objective take on this canopy. The Fit the Finish, Can you open the back door when attached to your trailer? etc, etc.I am looking to buy one but they are all special order...

4X4Dodger by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with floor rot removal, picture included

Any advice or tips? Helping a neighbor remove some rotted wood in the basement storage. Leak has been fixed already but having trouble removing the remainder of the thin wood without destroying styrofoam. Also what could be used to prevent the decay ...

al7601 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Thoughts on my Weigth Scale Results

Hi All,First off, if the picture isn't displaying (it works when I preview my post), it can also be viewed here: LinkI'm looking for your thoughts on my first before and after weigh scale printouts since installing my weight distribution hitch.My hit...

cj_rezz by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes