Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Hitch height

I’m questioning the Anderson WDH setup done by the dealer. Pulled the trailer a few times last year. Went to the cat scale earlier this year. Tongue weight is only 9.5% of trailer GVRW. The rear of the truck drops about 2” without the WDH engaged. F...

Bob911 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Murphy bed pros/cons?

We looked at a Keystone Passport SL 221BH today just for S&G and it had the murphy bed design up front. Just curious as to people's thoughts that have or had them - how do/did you like it, how does/did it work for you, do/did you leave it down and n...

Best TT in the western parks?

We’re beginning to plan a multi week trip with two teen boys to see the great west! Looking for any tips on taking a TT 5000 miles through the major parks (Yellowstone, Rocky Mountain, Bryce /Zion, Grand Canyon). We want to trade/sell our older 20...

PepperUp by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to use park tv hookup

I have a 2018 Rockwood Geo Pro G19FBS and am unable to get the cable hookup to work with my Furrion TV The signal from the antenna works, but have not figured out how to use the cable hookup. I would appreciate anyone with Rockwood Geo Pro how they ...

Don_D_ by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Unique Situation. What’s My Best Truck Option?

Hey everyone.I’m staring down the barrel of another new clutch on my 2002 Dodge ram 2500. Also, from other posts I have made here, you all know that my bed is pretty much falling off. I have rigged it together well enough to work, but, I still need ...

Ford Fleet VIN Calculator

Is anyone else having a problem with the Ford Fleet VIN Calculator on GCWR?It's accurate on my GVWR, Tow Package and Tow Rating but seems to default to the highest available GCWR for a given Cab/Wheelbase/Engine/Drivetrain/Gear.My F150 is a 3.5EB 3.5...

Furrion 12 Volt Refrigerator Issues

We purchased a 2021 Grand Design Transcend 240ML with the Furrion 12 volt, 8 cubic foot, refrigerator and solar panel. This morning the refrigerator temperature was 43 degrees; the lowest temperature recorded was 39 degrees. When the compressor and...

bogie514 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

A video explaining gas vs Diesel engine power delivery

This YouTube video may be helpful to people new to RV towing / motorhomes in deciding what type of engine to choose. This shop owner gives an explanation of certain results from dyno runs.He also explains the differences in how diesels, spark ignitio...

noteven by Explorer III
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Rear Kitchen - good idea or bad idea?

Hi all, I am very interested in the Highland Ridge Open Range 2804RK, so I asked my local dealer about it. He said that Open Range has discontinued this model because rear kitchens take a beating during towing due to the bounce effect.This was surpri...

Lonnie07 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow Vehicle Spare - Have you checked it?

We all talk and read about trailer tire issues but when is the last time you considered your tow vehicle spare? The spare under my 2009 Ram 1500 has never been on the ground and at 12 years old I'll be replacing it. I'm not sure of it's condition b...

Jayco 2017 RSBS AC isaue

We have been living in our camper for the last 18 months while our house has been being built.I just recently turned on the AC and it just hummed. I called a friend of mine who works on RVs and he walked me through taking the faceplate off.I reached...

tjw0099 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Drill Holster (tip)

Well, I still have to manually put down my stabilizers... Years ago I got the drill adapter but when we stopped, It was always a few minutes to get to the drill to lower the stabilizers... So, I got a "drill holster" and screwed it to the wall just i...

Kavoom by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Two Easy Questions (hopefully!)

Two easy questions.....our tt has a rear bathroom that has the door partially blocked when the slide is in (it's a 2020) and it has two lines pulling it in. The dealership said several times that as long as we didn't step on the slide, it wouldn't h...