Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Ready to Buy New TT but have roof questions

We are getting ready to buy this Forest River EVO 2550 but I am concerned about the bubbling on the roof. Can you please tell me what you think from the pictures I've attached. Is this normal/okay or what needs to be done or what do I need to ask f...

Shadow Cruiser axle issues

I have a 2012 Shadow Cruiser 280qbs. I've seen a lot of posts about problems with the axles being the wrong size. How do I find out if mine are right or wrong? I'm a relative newbie to trailering.ed.

weight dist hitch

How do i hookup my travel trailer and get it level if i have a slight slope in my driveway. Or do i pull my trailer in the road to hookup weight dit hitch.

Converter???

Hey Guys, I am new to this site and forum but I am looking for some help in trouble shooting some electrical issues I am experiencing. So I own a 1999 Nash 22g that I bought 3 years ago. I have not had any issues electrically prior to this. So I took...

Battery life

I recently purchased a brand new trailor and I notice that my battery only holds a charge for about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks. Shouldn't it last longer than that when not in use. I double check everything is off in trailer. The only thing I see on is the litt...

Campnjoe by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

AC on - flush toilet - smells brought in ?

Not sure what is happening - but - whenever flush the toilet it appears that the AC fan is sucking in the smell ... can this be the problem ?Or ?New vent installed in 2013 for toilet .. it is the swivel type ..

RoadXYZ by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

what sealer/calk?

I purchased a manual awning from a fellow camper who had it taken off to put up a 3 season room. The bottom brackets had some kind of calk on the back of them. I think dicor is self leveling, so I'm not sure if thats the correct stuff to use? I have ...

mowin by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Power Cord/Extension Cord Melted Together

Well there's an expense I hadn't counted on. Packing up to go home & my 30a power cord & 30a extension cord were melted together. Oh well, small price to pay I guess. Now to figure out why they melted together.

Arn by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

opinions on installing new rear springs

Hi folks . Being my 04' 2500HD GMC 6.0 gasser is 10 years old with 70k miles, I was thinking about a new set of springs. I'm thinking new, because at 10 years of New England road salt use, the OEM spring pack will probably have hairline cracks a...

bobndot by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Is 2007 Rockwood Freedom AC ready????

HiNew to the site.We just bought a 2007 Rockwood Freedom 2280 from a friend who purchased it new.We are trying to find out if this PUP is1) is wired to add a roof unit2) is the roof is braced to add a roof unit.3) Do we need a crush proof kit.Thanks ...

hopperv by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

F350 towing cap

I have a 1999 F350 with a 7.3 diesel engine.The gvwr on it is 11200.I have a 41 foot toy hauler and the gvwr is 18100.Is their anyway I can install a airbag system or put some bigger springs on my truck to bring my gvwr up on my truck? Thanks

Missing NADA value

Hello all! I'm not new to the site but rather new to travel trailers. I'm planning on purchasing very shortly and have come across a 2011 Coachmen Catalina 28DDS in very good shape at a very fair price. Problem however is that NADA does not list this...

Can our truck tow a 5th Wheel/Very concerned wife!

I am sure this question has been asked before but we are looking for our first 5th Wheel and we want to know if our truck can tow it. Currently we tow a travel trailer dry weight 6350, loaded weight around 9000. Getting a new truck is not an option, ...

BritGirl by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes