Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

preparing to travel full time??

hi everyone, just curious to know what a person brings to travel full time. we will be down sizing to a small t@b 16ft w/bath. very small. As a female i am not sure how to down size this drastically. any suggestions?? thanks

I forgot which TT I liked!

I've been searching for a TT under 25 feet with a slideout. I found one that had a sofa slide out and stools at a counter (therefore no dinette). Now I can't find it again! I've searched Forest River and Keystone. Maybe it was an earlier model???...

DDK by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing 9,500 Pounds with 3.31 gears

Looking for experience here. Found a nice deal on a 2013 Superduty with the 6.7L smoker. If it comes together, I'll say goodbye to my 6.4L Harley. The new rig has the 3.31 electric locker. I'm hearing with the diesel, it doesn't matter much towin...

Synthetic trans fluid in tow vehicle

I've read the few synthetic transmission fluid topics, but perhaps not being a "car girl" I don't see a reply that I can understand. What has been your experience with, or would it even be wise, to replace the transmission fluid in a front wheel dri...

stap by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Running boards ???

We have an 03 F350 extended cab. Want to replace my cracked OEM running boards with the tube type, is there a manufacturer that makes a bolt in type that will attach to the existing factory bolt pattern? Thanks

ilvtravln by Explorer II
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Ultra-Fab Power Twin II stabilizer jacks?

Have been toying with the idea of upgrading to the Power Twin II electric stab. jacks instead of using the Lippert ones. The Lippert ones have waay too much flex in them for my liking. If you look at them from the rear when someone walks into our t...

Blocking up camper for the winter

We are new at camping and have a travel trailer with tandem axles.When I store the camper I would like to block the axles as to have the tires off the ground. What would be the best way to do this? Thanks, Rookie camper.

scaleman by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

T105 vs. T105RE

I see Trojan has two different T105s. A 105 and a 105 RE. Is there any difference between these two Batteries. I spoke with a salesman a Continental Battery and he said there's not much but they have to special order the 105 RE , 4-6 week delivery. ...

Ripit by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Thanks

Just wanted to give a big THANKS for the last eight years of advice, expertise, and stories we've received here on the forum from you guys. It has made our experiences with our Roo much more enjoyable and nearly frustration-free. I remember on more...

fdwt994 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Canadian Truck King Challenge

Some good info here in empty and loaded mpg. They tested with a payload and small trailer behind the small trucks, and with a payload and a big 14,000# 5th wheel RV behind the HD trucks. Real world data.Canadian Truck King Challenge Impressive mpg ...

ib516 by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Christmas is near, 12 V air compressor

The kids are looking at Christmas gifts for me and the only thing I really need is a 12V air compressor. A small one I can store in the trailer and have on the road if needed. Anyone out there got any brands they like or don't like. I know there ar...

Satelite tv

We are hoping to be getting our first travel trailer. I see people with their satelite dishes at the campgrounds and wondered how it worked. Do I need to have a membership or account with a satelite company? How does it work? We don't tend to wat...

MFOX by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Improving ride quality - suggestions?

So I just moved from a F150 to a 350 PSD SRW, and while it tows like a dream, I have received some complaints from the matrimonial unit that the ride is a bit harsh.Yes, **I** know its a truck! not a car, but when momma ain't happy, ain't nobody hap...

Height of AF 811 while loaded on an F350?

I just purchased an Arctic Fox 811 but won't be able to pick it up for a month or so. I will be putting it on my 2012 F350 SRW and I'm wondering if it is going to fit in my barn or not. Does anyone have this set up and knows what the overall height...

Xpd77 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes