Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New To the Forum, But not to RV'ing!

Howdy folks.Figured I would make a small intro here since I'm new to the forum. Chris here from Magnolia, TX... Originally from Kentucky, but lived all over the place with my girl Maggie - pictured below. As you can see were are some hard core offroa...

Topper awning collecting rain water = annoying

I had topper awnings installed on the slides by a large dealer a few months ago. I love the awnings but the larger one collects rain water and cups down so that the water has to be pushed out prior to closing the slide. It's a good bit of water tha...

Drum by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Washing tent ends

Anyone ever wash the exterior of their tent ends?Ours are dirty, but I've been hesitant to wash them, afraid it will strip the weather-proofing off or do some other kind of damage.I searched the forum but could find no posts about it. Thanks in adva...

trailer weighing

Hi All,Anybody have experience with weighing their trailer at a "CAT" Scale facility? I would love to know the real weights of my new camper(tongue & loaded weight), but I'm intimidated by not knowing the procedures involved, envisioning a line of an...

Jimbee by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Propane Detector

We were camping this past week and at 4 am our detector goes off and I got up opened the door and it would not stop, so my DH disconnectes it. Our TT an 06 32 ft Prowler/bunkhouse and this is the second propane detector we have installed. We had our ...

Door Locks

I have a seized door lock on my trailer, Wildwood Heritage Glen 272BH.. It is a Global Link. Can anyone tell me whether travel trailer door locks brands are interchangeable. I need a lock for this weekend, but can't find a Global Link lock locally....

New Truck & Trailer 1st tow....????

We finally got to do our fisrt camp session over this weekend. Went 250 miles and all went well, but I do have a couple of questions.Our travel trailer weights 7300 pounds dry, so I estimate it was about 8200 pounds. The truck is an HD 2500 GMC 6.0L ...

zogg by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Forest River Quality?

I am looking for input on this manufacturer. i am interested in the Wildwood DLX 400RETS. are they well constructed, insulated and built to last? Any know issues with this manufacturer? Any advice you care to share or any suggestions on a trailer ...

The trials of a nw camper.

Well we went on the second trip with the new camper. The Wife open a cabinet and a box of donuts holes attack her. Hit her in the chest and broke open and dumped on the floor. Of course the loving husband I am I laughed my head off. After pickin...

grizz272 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Hanging towels in bathroom

We bought a 2007 28.5' Passport TT. The bathroom had no towel racks or toilet paper holder. We didn't want to be screwing towel racks or TP holder in the walls for fear of screwing into wiring. Anyone have any suggestions?This is our 1st time owni...

2000 Coleman PUP LP gas tank bracket

The Coleman Timberlake Destiny series we bought last year has a place on the tongue of the trailer for propane tank mounting. We have the J-Bolt portion of the holddown, but not the top plate (or whatever it took) to mount this. Where can I find one ...

Ealy by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

camping fingerlakes region

Hey everyonewe are planning our first trip. we were thinking about the finger lakes since we will end up at darien lake for the weekend anyway.we are leaving toronto on monday night and want to camp until thursday must havesswimmingelectrical sitesfu...

crackher by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for a new TV

I'm looking to get a new TV for my HTT. It's a KZ Sportsmen Classic 20RBT GVWR 4500lb. I am currently looking at the Dodge Durango since it has more tow capacity than other similar sized SUVs and I really don't want a full size SUV or truck. Does an...