Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

exterior refrigerator fan

Last year when I camped in 100+ weather, my refrigerator really had a hard time keeping the temp below 40degrees. I had a little fan in the frig but it wasn't enough. I was told to put a fan outside in the refrigerator area so it would vent to the r...

msue by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Oil Changes . . . How often?

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi and I use it mostly for towing my 2005 25 ft. Komfort trailer. There's only 6,000 miles on the truck and about 60 to 65 percent of that is towing miles.We just got back from a trip to Red Canyon in Utah ...

Shopping Jayco Jayfeather Hybrid -Thoughts?

What are your thoughts on this model and this price? We have been thinking maybe tent trailer but aren't sure.... we are used to a regular trailer but it was small. I wish the table were to seat 6 but the couch is right there so maybe that would h...

Anyone familiar with Flex by Augusta?

Is there anyone on here familiar with the "Flex by Augusta" Line of Trailers? We came across them in a dealer here and while i am by no means easily impressed with most RV construction, These things seem truly unique. Enough so that we are likely loo...

Dealing with consignment lots

I am finally going bite the bullet and buy a TT. I cannot wait any longer. I have two in mind - totally different styles. They are both used and at a consignment lot. Has anyone ever dealt with consignment lots? Are they any different than a dealer? ...

Backing up

I've been backing boats since age 15 now 47 also backed my pop-up for years with that short wheel base. Fished local tournaments often had to back the boat a 1/4 mile down the center of the road because cars parked on both sides. I got that down pact...

TecheMan by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Rusty at backing up TT

I used to tow a 22' Airstream in the '90s and haven't had a TT since 1999... I just bought a new light weight 20' trailer that's only 7' wide so I thought I'd have no problems...Well boy, am I ever rusty at maneuvering a trailer!... Also, the new tr...

limbery by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Was I miss informed

Need to replace one of the tail lights due to daughters breaking license plate bracket of tail light. So I ask the dealer for the sealant for the tail light, and he tells me to use silicone caulk, is this right? It's an aluminum sided trailer, and I ...

water heater switch

i have a 98 starcraft that i bought used and according to the owners manual it says that the water heater has a gas and electric capability but i do not see a switch to turn on the electric portion. i know it has electric to it because i have verifie...

24rules by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgraded the camper today!! (with pics)

So after 3 years of camping in our Jayco 19BH we finally decided to upgrade so long trips 7-10 days would be more comfortable. The new rig is a Jayco 28BHS with a Maxistor compartment. Here is the old camper.Here is the new rig!! We are super pumped ...

Jacking a TT question

I have Lippert 4400lb axles and the Lippert warns against jacking on the axles. They say to only jack on the TT frame. The axles are under the leaf springs to raise the TT, I suppose to accomodate the taller trucks, and my TT frame is 2 feet from the...

leftybj by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes