Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Short bed truck and camper combos

Hey all. I've been in the truck camper world since buying my 2004 Lance 815 with an 8'6" floor and no extended bumper on the back and towed a boat with a 20" hitch extension. Started with it on a 3/4 ton Ram SB diesel and now have a 2012 1 ton Ram S...

gbsteph by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Possible propane leak?

Hello everyone, First off did a bunch of googling around on possible issues but couldn’t find any specific answers to my exact issue. I have a 2019 keystone Springdale with suburban sf-30 heater I believe. )or 35)My issue is, it seems when I run the ...

Hewey by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbies

Hello Everyone!! My hubster and I are complete newbies to the RV world. We are looking to purchase a travel trailer in the next couple of months and start out a little slow so we can get acclimated to RVing before we jump in full force (his idea no...

Factory Solar Question

My factory 80W solar has never kept the battery charged when the camper sits for a couple of weeks. Not an issue now as I store it inside a hangar plugged in, but when I first got it and stored it in an outdoor RV lot I observed this. I've come to a ...

Weight distribution hitch removal and storage

I got tired of having to lift and carry my weight distributing hitch around to install and remove it from the truck. It's also quite awkward to store because it doesn't balance well enough to reliably stand up on its own. I looked around for a whil...

happy2rv by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

tires

Anyone have experience with Tow Max or Trailer King tires for a TT? Its difficult to find tires made in the USA that don't cost a fortune.

Washer/dryer closet conversion to sewing space

We have (seasonal site in FL) a 2018 Forest River Cedar Creek Cottage 40cck model.We did not have the washer/dryer installed. I am a craft sewer and would love to convert the closet to a mini sewing space. My idea is to set an antique folding (leav...

Thinking of upgrading

Howdy All, I currently have a 2007 Rockwood Roo 23ss and have been very satisfied with it. That being said I also like the many new upgrades of the new roos and we're thinking of trading our old one in for a new one. Anybody have inputs regarding th...

'71 Starcraft Wanderstar- "The Hilton"

Thought I should post this up because the "Search" feature doesn't return any results and there might be some useful info for older Starcraft owners or those that are mad enough to embark on a complete restoration. I purchased this 1971 Starcraft-Wan...

westend by Explorer
  • 391 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery disconnect

Trying to hook up battery disconnect, i remove - cable kills power to trailer i put kill switch in and turn it off i still get power to trailer. Two batteries hooked up in parallel. Some say use - some say use + leads . Any help would be appreciated

Oldpop55 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Air pressure in Firestone airbags.

Where would you start? I know it will take some experimenting to get where I like it.But what's a good pressure to start out at?The truck does not sag the rear due to the camper. I don't get other vehicles flashing their lights at me at night.

specta by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

looking to get into the camper world

Hi, so I have a large 5th wheel but I am now thinking of buying a truck camper in addition to the 5th so we can access parks with smaller spots or for when we go to the island to lower the ferry cost and have our own bed with us.I am looking at diffe...

Siding question

So I'm having to repair some extensive water damage on my trailer and now I'm at the point where I want to put the siding back and noticed the penetrations through the exterior walls have a strip of rigid reflective insulation material about a quarte...