Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Need rental recommendation

My 2015 3500HD Chevy 8ft bed is out of commission for a while - gotta load the camper & drag the boat on a trip to lake powell in a few days (800 mile round trip). Thinking of renting a 1-ton but not sure how best to tie down the camper ... have a g...

Bigimac by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Hellwig LP-35 Adjustment

Installed some Hellwig LP-35 helper springs on my F250 last weekend. Towed the boat with them set very light and it made a world of difference, much preferred to my air bags when loaded. I havent done any unloaded driving but I'm sure I've lost some ...

Shock Survey

This is just a survey of what people would replace their OEM shocks with for a 2013 RAM Cummins 3500 Dually. I need to replace mine now that the truck has 70K on them. Thanks

SweetLou by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Desert SW trip advice, please.

I'm thinking of making a trip to the desert southwest maybe late winter, early spring next year. Stops on the short list so far are Grand Canyon, Valley of the Gods (and/or Monument Valley?), and Meteor Crater. Seeking advice to narrow down the time ...

DWeikert by Explorer II
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Traded in the Duramax this week

Bout brought tears to my eyes, did what we should have done in the first place, 1 ton, got a 2003 Dodge Ram 3500HD, 128,000 miles Loramie Q/C L/B DRW, miss the Allison tranny already, now we can upgrade the TC in the future, got the Torklift tie down...

sharkman by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer Mods Small TT

Well, my perfect small TT would be a Kodiak 175BH Cub, but there were none close and I didn't want to pay the premium of about four to five K over the Aspen Trail 1700BH with the identical floor plan both made by Dutchmen. First thing I did was flip ...

Kavoom by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Dodge Axle Ratio?

Window sticker on a Dodge 3500 truck that I am looking at (2016)says Aisin 6 speed auto trans 3.42 and just below that says transmission oil cooler 4.10 axle ratio on the same sticker. Which is it 3.42 or 4.10?

Elwoodj by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

DC-DC Charger Topic in Tech Issues

I put a topic in the Tech Issues forum that may be of particular interest to TC owners, especially those with newer trucks with ECM controlled charging systems. I’m installing a Redarc DC to DC battery charger in my TC, and wanted to make sure my TC’...

NRALIFR by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Air Compressor decision

I'm having trouble deciding which of these two compressors I should get. I'm certain it will be one of the two but I need some input from some of you.The viAir 400P-RV pumps faster but has a shorter duty cyclethe viAIR 450P-RV pumps slower but has a ...

Freep by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

E350 460/7.5 Rear Heater Hoses Question

Trying not to post same question in two forums, but there are more "engine type guys" here than in the Class C forum. So if anybody here knows something about my question there, please jump in on the Class C one, Thankshttp://forums.trailerlife.com/...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar Mfg Co, anyone heard of it?!?!

Hello all. I am new to this forum and am hoping maybe someone here has some information I can use. I am set to acquire a new, well not new but new to me, camper. It is a 26' Venus made by Solar Manufacturing Co out of Benton Harbor, MI back in the...

1985 chevy

Can a '85 dually, bonus cab, auto trans, LWB be towed with all 4 down or need to be trailered. Have found one owner with 85000 original miles for sale. VIN 1GCHC33W3FS####. Thanks

Chiefcpo by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

30 Amp Plug Diagram

A while back, I was having a 30 amp plug installed at my home, and someone posted a great wiring diagram. I've tried searching for it in my posts but can't find it - even with the advanced search, searching the archives.The reason is that I need to ...