Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Convert Dinette to Bed

Hi all!I have a 1983 Lance Camper with a U-shaped dinette. I feel confident that the dinette should convert into bed because 1. I don't think Lance overlooked this incredible useful feature even back then and 2. There appear to be support rails for ...

ccblank by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Max Tow F150s

How can I identify a Max Tow F150 by decoding the VIN? I'll be replacing my 2012 F150 with a newer one in the next 6 months or so. I'd like the heavier duty package when I do. But how does Ford identify it? Thanks.

RSD559 by Explorer
  • 116 replies
  • 0 likes

Do you lock your turnbuckles?

So after much hemming and hawing we are now the proud owners of an AF990 preparing for our first adventure. We are equipped with the torklift tiedowns and fastgun turnbuckles - both easily removed. Seems prudent to secure these in place to avoid a ...

It's too hot! AC quit.

2012 Ram went to work Friday morning AC working great. Got out of work 9 hours later (98 degrees out) started up the truck, turned on the AC knew it would take a little while to cool down, drove all the way home and it never cooled down. Picked up o...

Best Route from NJ to Kittery Maine??

My family is taking a trip to Maine with our 29ft Gulfstream Conquest. I guess I have two questions:First how to I get around the NO LP gas rule on the NJ Turnpike but still avoid the NJ Parkway and its low clearances. Secondly, should I try to tak...

Automatic Transmission Rebuilders

I'm thinking about upgrading my 47RE transmission. I have nearly 150,000 miles on my stock tranny and it's starting to make noise in overdrive, so I'm thinking about replacing it with an upgraded one built for towing my 5th. wheel. I need your though...

jarbra15 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Ultrafab tongue jack stops & starts in use

Last season our Ultrafab jack began to repeatedly stop/start when jacking to get the TT hooked up or unhooked. During the first up/down cycle (one to get ball on or off, 2nd to get bars on or off) it works fine. But during the 2nd cycle it starts t...

2011 Layton Joey Model 258

I bought this model 7 years ago, no major problems as of yet, replaced the kitchen faucet due to a leak and replaced the carbon monoxide warning device, we just caulked all seams, Joints , lights , and any outside fixture with tri core self leveling...

Old Campers & Newer Trucks

My truck is a 2011 Ram 3500 long box with the Cummins. I know that newer trucks like mine have a tapered box, unlike the older trucks which were pretty much straight. My question is: In what year did the manufacturers start making their campers narro...

standdup by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

tow strap or recover strap just in case

We broke down on a two lane country road had a person pull us to a safe location with a chain he had.Been thinking about buying a cloth tow strap to carry.Maybe more forgiving then a chain.Does anyone have and suggestions on width & lenght of strap?S...

GULFMAN by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes