Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Help deciding between 2 motorhomes

New to RVing. First time buyer. Choosing between 2 diesel pushers.2002 Newmar Dutchstar. 52,000 miles. 40 ft $65k out the door. 2 slides. Upgraded with wood floors and new tile in kitchen. LOTS storage in and out. Newmar has an impeccable name hard ...

Manual Slide operation and maintenance

I recently purchase a 2006 Gulfstream Conquest Limited Edition 25'.There were no maintenance manuals available and I can not find any information about the unit. Have two questions:1. If the slide-out is extended and the motor fails to work is ther...

Still looking-but question?

I am deciding on an older small class c right now,but because of my chronic severe back problems I will need something comfortable to sit on evenings for tv and plain relaxation. I would like to remove the standard bolted down swivel chair and replac...

EZ Pass on Class C

Does anyone have an EZ Pass on their Class C? Does it work? Where is it mounted? We live in RI and have it on both of our cars...saves a ton of money on the Newport Bridge alone, and saved time and hassle on many trips before the motorhome. Just want...

chefdc1 by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

toad

I see lots of post about not being able to back up with a 2 or 4 dowe toad. Just wondering why people chose this over a trailer? Looking for pros and cons from experience instead of learning all the hard way

RBabb by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Sunliner does a Bauhaus Motorhome

Smacks of Art Deco, but this Motorhome built on a Renault Motorhome base is packed with new technologies. It will be interesting to see how the local public reacts to it. The small Diesel would be a loser to start with

Class A vs. Class C engine access...

I'm new at this and have seen a couple of RVs close up.I was thinking that from the few Ive seen, the As seem to have better engine access than the class Cs.I posted this in the Class C forum earlier, now I'm posting it here.The Class C guys said I w...

2001 DP Laundau by Georgie Boy

My family and I missed going camping, so we want to go back to camping. I figure that we may camp between 4 to 6 times a year. Maybe 1 to 2 times will be a week long of camping and the rest will be long weekend of camping.Common sense dedicate that t...

ugh by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Great Diesel Service in Chico, CA

We broke down along interstate 5 in our diesel Motorhome. After spending 10 hours along the freeway, we finally got a tow. Jeffs Truck Service in Chico was the closest Cummins repair facility. Jeff had his staff star 4 hours late to get us safely ...

2015 Georgetown XL

I was wondering what you guys think of the 2015 Georgetown XL? I am comparing the 2015 GEORGETOWN 378XLF to an equivalent model from Holiday Rambler?I am concerned about the build quality, chassis and ride between the two?Oh, and I want auto-levelin...

Anyone ever hear of a Vogue III Luxery motorhome?

I found this ad and went to our local "lemon lot" to look at the beast.http://santafe.craigslist.org/cto/4787734873.htmlFrom the write up it sounds like it has a lot of features for its age. I have never heard of this coach builder. Anyone have any e...

Lube for battery slide

I took some time today for cleaning the slide for the battery rack/tray. It was pretty gummed up with old oil/grease and dirt. A generous application of WD-40 and rolling in and out seemed to loosen/clean things a lot. It is working much easier no...

Exhaust Brake Usage??

When descending a grade where you're using your exhaust brake, once slowed, to below your desired speed, do you turn off the the exhaust brake and accelerate and then turn it back on......or do you leave it on, and use the throttle to accelerate...

supercub by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

2001 Travel Supreme 36'

I guess I will formally introduce us as newbies. My family, The Collisons, are a southern gospel music ministry. We just purchased our first motorhome to make our travel easier. We are looking forward to meeting new friends and offering/receiving hel...

Andeez01 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Rand McNally GPS RVND 7725-LM

In the latest Good Sam Highways magazine, May-July 2013 a new GPS is reviewed. It is produced by Rand McNally for Camper World. I was wondering if anyone has one and their comments on it.

G_Lewis by Explorer
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes