RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

What is the trick to make bugs removeable from a vehicle?

We spend a large portion of our year in warm dry climates and I assume that is something that flying bugs don't like because I don't have a bug problem there. But summers are spent in WY and I swear I get bug splatter on my rear window backing out o...

hershey by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

KISS Keep it simple s..... Rant

It seems to me that there are some people who are bound and determined to make things as complicated and difficult as they possibly can under the guise of "safety" and "efficiency". They try to push the philosophy that if you're not workin your butt ...

Anmacc2 by Explorer
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar installation Tax Credit

So the solar tax credit can cover everything included in the installalation of solar panels. This includes batteries, however, from what I understand, the batteries need to be charged from the solar panels at least 70 percent of the time. If they'r...

zach477 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Bathroom Smell

Any tips for eliminating the odor in a bathroom. I had my tank all flushed out and follow all the rules on water and tank chemicals but still get an odor. I also put those air wicks on the counter but it doesn't eliminate it.

What to tow???

Looking for advice here which could be a scary thing. Not sure if this is workable or not. I recently bought a newer DP motorhome. I would like to be able to take another vehicle along for when I am parked. All well and good so far. I want to get a t...

Hard Water Spots-- What to do ?

I have very hard water ( well water) at home and getting tired of always drying the trailer after washing.What are some tips , secretes you all may be doing to make it easier ?? I am NOT getting any younger ! I have heard of using a leaf blower to b...

Stains in vinyl

I've been getting these "stains" in the vinyl floor of my toy hauler every Summer when we don't go camping. It can't be cleaned off the surface. Bleach injected under the vinyl doesn't affect it. The only thing that will fade it is two to three weeks...

Difference between towing 3000 lb or 4000 lb?

I am currently looking at a couple of used Hi-Lo trailers as a "traveling trailer" instead of my normal TT. Just got back from a 3500 mile trip in a lot of high winds. We are going on about a 7000 mile trip in the spring so we thought maybe somethi...

Forward looking rear view camera

I watch a lot of rv and travel shows on tv. I see dash cam footage of beautiful road scenery and thought the other day why not put a rear facing rear view camera up on the top of a 5th wheel looking forward down the road. It would be an awesome way...

handicap rv parking

We are long time rvers, and until now have always towed a car. We now have a new class C and plan not to tow.Next weekend we are attending an event in Kissimee Fl at Osceloa Heritage Park, A huge venue that has a rodeo arena and a convention buildi...

Dicor question

Does Dicor when used on the sides (non-sag)collect dirt even when its dry? Even after washing does it still look dirty? Thanks

path1 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

No brake or external lights

Hi all,We are new to RVing and so far it has been a little hectic. The pigtail was severed while turning around, no biggie, the wires were spliced back together and everything was working fine. I hooked up to it this morning and had no brake or dri...

Tire pressures on new truck

I've noticed on our new tow vehicle a 2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Laramie that there is only 1 tire pressure listed for the rear tires (80 psi). On the old tow vehicle a 2007 Dodge 2500 5.9L had 2 tire pressures listed (loaded and unloaded). Anybody running d...