Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

yep, another refrigerator ??

Dometic model RML8555Why would the freezer work very well and the cooler section fail to keep up and actually rise by 4 or 5 degrees if the door is opened even once. Anyone ?

btcruzer by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Hot water pressure issue

Two years ago I installed a expansion tank in my TT. It is a small one but nevertheless works fine. Recently I've noticed that when I open the hot water faucet the water tends to come out very slowly as opposed to the cold which is fast. The hot wate...

Electricity usage in a week

I have been keeping track of my electricity usage this year and I want to pose a question. I read my meter on Sunday before I leave the site and again on the following Friday when I arrive. I have noticed that I am using about 10KWH in that amount ...

Why add a new Inverter when adding Solar to your RV?

I am thinking of adding Solar to my MH. If I add Solar panels, a charge controller along with proper cabling, do I need to add a new inverter?If I am just charging my batteries with my panels and charge controller, isn't the current inverter in my MH...

dlt123me by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

How to tell if your wheel bearings are bad.

I took all 6 hubs off of my RV and it looks like the bearings have spun on the spindle. I have very slight galling On spindles and brown heat marks on bearing were it touches the spindle.On the outer bearings and 2 of the inner bearings too. Nuts wer...

Tank display issue

My tank display monitor is the type that has little led lights showing the various levels. Just last week after filling up my fresh water tank I noticed that the display read empty. As the weekend went on with water use and many refills, it stills re...

Battery recommendations

We have an Interstate Battery with a dead cell and needs to be replaced for our travel trailer.SRM-24 55O CCA 690 MCACan't find the Interstate batteries in our area.Battery One has "Crown" batteries in 750 for $99.95Are these good batteries or should...

slide adjustment

I need to adjust my 12 foot slide 3/4 inch to the left to center it in the opening. (One side in slightly dragging. ) I see how to loosen the slide from the slide frame but need suggestions on how to move it once it's loosened. Would I just give it b...

converter buzzing...a little guidance appreciated

Heyo gang. I have a 2010 jayco 26bh travel trailer. there is a distinct buzzing sound coming from the breaker panel. I don't believe it's the fan. Here is what I know:1. When connected to shore power with no lights on, there is a buzzing noise.2....

Help with trailer brakes

Actually, my brakes work fine (on a car hauler trailer). Really.But my 2012 Ford F350 systems monitor is not seeing what it needs when the trailer is hooked up and issues continuous inappropriate now-disconnected/now-connected alarms. And yes I've ...

WAM by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Can u put a mobile home HWH in a regular house?

I bought a house in Florida to park my MH on and enjoy the comforts of a house and some land instead of sardine parking at a RV resort for the winter months.The hot water heater works but is original. I just got a chance on a real good deal for a new...

Where is My Dometic Circuit Board? Northstar 850SC

Hi,I finally got around to trying the frig and no-go. I know I have 110v power and think I have 12v (am reading 12v on some connections to what looks like the chimney. But I would like to check the fuse(s?) on the circuit board. Where is the thing...

rear axle tire wear

I have a rear axle tire wear problem. The passenger side rear axle has excessive inside wear, driver side has same pattern but not as bad. What causes this howdoI fix it

bigfink by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble with LP water heater

I have an older Attwood LP water heater from the mid 90's and recently I've been having trouble getting the pilot lit. The only way I am able to get the heater going is by holding the lighter underneath the thermocouple. After doing that for approx...

ReedZ by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes