Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Vinyl fencepost for sewer hose storage

I'm going to mount a 5"x5" vinyl fencepost for sewer hose storage. I'd like to drill a series of holes along the bottom to allow any liquid to drain out. How can I drill the holes without leaving burrs on the inside that could snag the hose?

Motor Home Brake Failures

We don't have a problem on Our Rig ...Touch Wood!Several of Our acquaintances driving Gas Engined Units however have been having Overheated Brakes and difficulty stopping their Rigs,I am thinking that The main reason could be Too much weight and Not ...

Timing belt on Tracker 03 ZR3

I have a 2003 Chev Tracker ZR 3 which I am using for a tow car. I am in Mexico where I can get top notch mechanical work done for 7 bucks an hour and was thinking of having the timing belt replaced. Pancho my mechanic tells me it is not required and...

Linoleum repair

Any suggestions to repair a 1" long, very shallow crack in floor?JimMoved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.

Jim-Linda by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

warm up time

Hi,I'm back in my RV. Warm up from -2 c (28 f) to +16 c (61 f) was three hours, beginning at 3 p.m., starting out with 5000 watts of electric heat. By 6 p.m. that had tapered to 2800 watts.At nine p.m. I've cut back on how many heaters are running. I...

Gremlin In My Wires - Help Needed!

I have a 2005 Crossroads Cruiser 27RL fifth wheel that I have had since new and it has performed impeccably up til now. Now I have a Gremlin that shuts off my 12 Volt system to both the slide and the water pump whenever I use either for a little time...

What's the difference?

What if any, is the difference in 6 volt deep cycle batteries and 6 volt golf cart batteries. I need to replace my trailer battery and want to go to two 6 volts. I see both referred to but don't know if there is a difference and if there is, which is...

battery charging

This is my first post. I just brought home my first rv and I'm hoping someone can help me understand a couple things. I did my walk through at the dealer but I guess not all my questions were not answered. After driving about 5 hours the battery on t...

Kwikee step logic

Having just purchased a new Kwikee Sires 28 step for our class C, I dug it out of the box and read the directions. Gee, easy! Right.Wire colors:Red - powerGreen - groundBrown - to magnetic door switch, then to groundWhite - to switch, then to power...

BruceMc by Explorer III
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Generators - Gas, Diesel or Propane, Best makes models?

Good Morning All!At a recent weekend campout, the entire campground lost power for some reason. Not a hardship as it was mid Sunday morning and we were preparing to leave anyway.However, if it were any other time it could be a hardship.My AC Voltage ...

SKSCCI by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Generators

Can someone please explain RV generators to me?My 7500 Onan Quiet Diesel Generator has stopped working properly with a fault code of 31. This indicates there is a problem with the Overspeed Control. Apparently the engine and generator are fine; it ...

dbs944 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Hot water bypass

Hi all,Out beach camping and this morning had no hot water and water heater wouldn't turn on. After an hour of messing with it I realized what happened was someone must have bumped the hot water bypass as the water was plenty hot in the tank thus why...