Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Gripping about LED lighting costs.....

I just need to complain. Reading all the topics about LED, I think LED lighting is worth looking into and possibly even worth tearing apart the few incandescent lights I have on my TH in order to help lessen battery usage while boondocking. Most li...

KATOOM by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Surge Protector & Voltage Transformer Sequence

I plan on hardwiring a Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C surge protector and a Hughes Autoformer RV2130 in my travel trailer. It's not clear to me the proper sequencing of these two appliances. The surge protector has low/high voltage protection (l...

Fifth wheel frame structure flex question

Noticed on our fiver (pictured in the link in my sig) that when hitched and sitting on the truck with legs up.The curbside front under the bedroom is bending up slightly.I had noticed earlier that the screw cover trim needed resealing and did re-caul...

Using to much power?

Prior to purchasing the Winegard carry out antenna we would watch DVDs when not having a TV connection. We would be able to watch 3 or 4 hours before turning it off and going to bed with battery to spare. This last trip was our first with the new Ca...

ac

we just got back with our new to us 5er it was hot so we turned on the 2 ac is it normal for them to produce water or is there something wrong with them ty for the help

furnace won't light

Good chilly morning to all. furnace in our 5'er won;t light,worked ok till last nite. as far as I can see no way to get to it,in cupboard under sink. no access out side,just vent & exhaust. checked propane both tanks have plenty stove burns good. any...

IOTA shut off at high temps?

Went outside just a few minutes ago and noticed the IOTA converters fan running but no voltage output from it. Disconnected the power for 30 sec and reconnected and converter went to boost immediately. I read in the manual that the upper working temp...

mena661 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

replacing 2 12v with 2 6v question/again?

The more research I do the more confused I get. Recently bought a 2004 Minnie 32g. While going through it at the walk through I asked the tech to turn on all the lights when we started. About 20 minuets in the lights started to dim. The tech said no...

ghsebldr by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

More Battery POWER

Hi: I have outfitted my towable RV with 4 - 12 volt solar panels 80 watts each. I connected those to a Sunforce 30 Amp Solar Charge Controller and to 2 - 12 volt deep cycle batteries. The batteries power an 1100 watt inverter. During the daylight ti...

Charging batteries: inverter vs charger

Going to RMNP next week. No hook ups there, so need to recharge two 6 volt batteries daily. I will be using a Honda 2000 EUi generator. Couple questions:1. Can I use external charger hooked to batteries while also charging batteries from trailer inve...

markm by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help using a 12v test light

This should not be this complicated. I don't understand what I am doing wrong.I am trying to test if there is voltage to a switch.I hook up my test light negative and positive to an old 12v battery I have sitting around. It lights up.I then keep the...

Black & Grey Water Valves

My black and Grey water valves are becoming more and more difficult to open and shut. Any suggestions for addressing this issue would be greatly welcomed. Thank you.

ronand by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes