Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

12 volt issue

Have a 2012 Open Range 5er. My 12volt works on my landing gear and my slide outs but no 12 volt lights, water pump, awning and the fridge wont fire on propane (AC is fine on everything.)Brad

BradP by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Combining old battery bank with new battery bank

I recently got 4 new 6V batteries to replace our 4 aging ones. We do do a fair amount of camping without hookups so I was wondering if there's any good way of combining the 4 old ones with the 4 new ones (maybe simply by isolating each circuit) so t...

michelb by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

KIB Tank Monitor

We have a KIB M28 tank monitor that does not light up when I push the battery monitor button. All other button work. I checked the converter and all is well with it. Checked the battery and it is fully charged. I pulled it open and checked the connec...

Decals on front of TT

Our decals are peeling off of the front of our TT. We need to take them off so that we can replace them. What is the best way to get them off?

Suspension Air bags

Has anyone ever installed "after market" suspension airbags? Successful? Do you find they are necessary and/or work properly?Thanks!

Firebee by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice on Surge Protectors?

After reading several horror stories on members electrical issues, I am going to purchase a portable surge protector. I wanted to know from users which one is better between the two. Its for a 30 amp service. One is from Camping World #58464: portabl...

Inverter Powering an Inverter

I have a 2010 Greyhawk with a factory installed inverter that only powers the bunk outlet for the tv. I have installed a 2500 watt inverter that I plug the shore power cord into. Will this cause an issue with the factory installed inverter?

Riplin by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing RhinoFlex fittings

Well our RhinoFlex hose started leaking and I really liked the type of hose so I removed the fittings and just bought a new length of hose. I found that the fittings are not real easy to screw on to the new hose. They go about half on to the new hose...

no-logic by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

700W inverter

Hi all,I purchased a 700w inverter that plugs into the 12v outlet in my toyhauler. It runs the tv perfectly. I noticed that when I unplugged it from the 12v outlet, the tip of the plug is really warm. Is this normal? Just want to make sure I dont mel...

Silly question . again

My 2,000 watt name brand inverter , if it is turned on but there is absolutely no load except the inverter internals , is it drawing the 2,000 watts , amps from my house battery ? In other words if I forget and leave it on for a while will it run my ...

bathroom light

all lights on my 2003 Monaco work except the 3 in the bathroom area, any suggestions? All the fuses and breakers seem fine. Thanks, Tom

gatrtom by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Inverter and TV

This weekend I installed a digital TV/DVD in the camper. On AC it worked well, pulledin lots of TV stations and the DVD worked well. However, when I switched to 12 volts I had some problems. I have two different inverters, both I suspect are modi...

brholt by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

New RV'r - Batts + Chargers + Inverters = clueless

First, I am a newbie in every sense of the word. New RV'r and new to the forum. So if you see any flaws in what I'm trying to do, please let me know. I recently purchased my first RV. A late model, 91 Mallard Sprinter. Eventually I'd like to have it ...

tsweez by Explorer
  • 43 replies
  • 0 likes

Coleman 7333 Air Conditioner Height

Anyone know the actual height for roof to top of a Coleman 7333 13.5 BTU air conditioner. Not the shroud, but the actual A/C, minus shroud, height.It isn't in the manual, cause I looked!!!Need a new shroud, and it looks like all the replacements are...