Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Brake Controllers

Is it as simple to install a brake controller as they say it is on their websites? All you gotta do is mount the controller, and plug in the car maker specific harness to it and the harness under the dash? That's it?

wbwood by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

new batterys

going to need to replace all six batterys on the inverter and house soon, anyone have a place for the best prices?thanks

lucky13 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

RV-type water heater modification for my boat?????

I purchased a Seaward S-600 water heater and I am having a dickens of a time getting it to fit into the space of the old one on my boat. This is one intended for use in a boat.It appears to be a conventional RV water heater tank. Six gallons, pressur...

pezvela by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

gas grill propane regulator for TC

Hoses are all rotten on my dual-tank propane regulator. New hoses are going to run about $60, if I can find ones that fit without resorting to a bunch of adapter fittings.Will a normal gas grill regulator work to run the water heater? I have a spare ...

mkirsch by Nomad II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

How to install RCA jacks for outdoor speakers?

Instead of actually installing speakers which requires cutting, drilling and running wire all over the place, I have a very convenient location to install a couple jacks that I'll use with portable speakers.I've been unable to find an actual product ...

Surge Protector Noise

I have a 34730 (30 amp) portable surge protector made by TRC that I purchsed in 2009. It has recently developed a rattleing when you pick it up and move or shake it. During our last trip it made a very loud buzz when I pluged it in. I unpluged i...

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH MY REGERATOR!

I pulled out my Norcold refrigerator to replace a vent fan on the back. I tested out everything prior to slidong it back into its opening and things seemed to work fine.After slidong it back in place i couldnt get it to turn on, so I started checking...

rtate by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

NORCOLD FRIG RECALL?? (Update)

Just noticed the smell of propane when our NORCOLD frig is on propane...but the propane alarm does not go off...smell is inside RV and I have checked all the outside gas linesTaking it into dealer as soon as we can but any ideas what it might be??? ...

Black tank - small leak into drain pipe.

We've gone out twice so far this year, and both times we have been confronted with the same problem...When leaving the park, I empty the tanks, flush, and then refill a few gallons in the black tank. I close all the valves and everything seems to se...

Ladder

We have two screws out of the hold off brackets on our back ladder. Does anyone know how to replace those since we see no way to get to the nut part that these screws go into. I guess they fell down into the hold off bracket.

botts12 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator Exhaust Pipe

We just bought a Octane Jayco 2013 camper. The exhaust pipe for the generator is right under the door to get to it. At times we have to use the piping to go up and over the top of the camper. My question is: to mount this exhaust pipe it will not giv...

Kerri by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

400W Inverter Installation... Questions

Hello,I would like to get one of those off the shelf 400W inverters to power a television in the dinette area that my daughter can watch while on the road without having to start the generator. I currently do not have any 12V recepticles so that's th...

Need shelves for dometic rm 2551

Does anyone know where I can find used shelves? I bought my 2006 skyline this year and there wasn't a single shelf in fridge. I didn't figure it would be big deal but it is. Doesn't even have door shelves. Thanks all. Ps on first week long trip and ...

stew47 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Bypassing Selector Valve

Discovered that the fuel selector valve that switches tanks is bad on our 1985 E350 and that part is available however the pigtail that goes to is bad and Ford never even made a replacement for that part and we have been unable to find a replacement ...