Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Charging cable????

Have a 12 volt U1 battery strapped down in a battery box mounted to my mobility lift to operate it. When I want to charge the battery I have to take the chain off and untie the strap (which is on pretty good) to open the box and charge the battery. a...

joelyn by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Propane line plug

I will be pulling out the fridge in my trailer. Eventually, another will take it's place. For now, I need to plug it.What size of plug would I need?

Isolating TT's Lithium from TV's Lead Acid Batteries

Hi Team, I am installing Lithium batteries on our TT. To provide isolation between TT's Lithium and TV's Lead Acid batteries, I plan to install a Renogy DC-to-DC converter. It is kind of neat. Has three stage charging and supports Lithium. Here is a ...

cruz-in by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

BAL 7.1 Leveling System Issue

We have a 2018 Keystone Outback Travel Trailer. This is only the third time using the BAL 7.1 Leveling system and when I went to load onto Truck, the Keypad to the system would not turn on. It seems that there is either no power to the system or that...

Power Gear Hydraulic Leveling Manual mode won't work

2012 Winnie motorhome Ford chassis with Power Gear Hydraulic Leveling System.Replaced the touch pad and the controller. Manual mode will not work. Might be parking brake ground but can't find the parking brake electric connections. Any idea where th...

pegdiver by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning springs have power - I learned the hard way

Wanted to share this so maybe someone else doesn't get hurt.The first time I changed an awning I read everything I could watched all the videos took my time and everything went fine. SO of course next time i was a pro. This was part of swapping out ...

Slide seals one wiper or two

Getting ready to replace the seals on the big slide.Found what looks like the same design, single wiper seal attaches to the wall and a "D" seal that attaches to that.But I also saw double wiper seals. Looks like they place a second seal at the inne...

Removing Silicone caulk

Any ideas on how to remove and apply something different? We now have a truck camper and a 21RBS livin lite tt. The tt has a leak and somebody did a crappy job of trying to seal it. I guess we should be glad it has no wood to rot but would love to g...

lap527 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Free Solar

Another photon filled day in Sunny South Texas. Actually, Dusty Sunny South Texas. A quick rinse and wash improved one of my solar setups between 5-8 percent. Free, except for a little water. Take care of your panels and they will take care of yo...

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Using an automotive battery charger when onboard fails

Many times we see posts here about somebody experiencing a failed built in battery charger while out on vacation. Invariably we suggest buying or using a cheap automotive battery charger to keep the RV running until they can get home and replace the ...

opnspaces by Navigator II
  • 47 replies
  • 0 likes