Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Need 110v side & refrig help, FAST

Normally I don't post here but I have a problem I could use some help solving. Trailer was plugged in, fan (not A/C) & refrig running (the latter on elec, not gas). Trailer became unplugged - not sure why. Plugged back in. Refrig now does not sta...

Rotor rebuild continued

Got a call from the shop I took the unit to so the rotor could be rewound. The unit is back together and need to be load tested, I can pick it up Friday. Out the door price $600.00 plus NYS Vigorish.

Dogbone heat? 50A/30A

Before you say anything, I'm going to buy a new dogbone today.I moved my rig into position to get ready for our eclipse vacation. I have a 30A receptacle that I can use in this parking spot (RV is 50A). It's fairly new and only 6' 12ga from the main ...

Power converter

Hello,I have just purchased my first motorhome and it is 1996 29' Coachmen leprechaun and I am having a electrical problem. Every time I plug the motorhome into the campsite power it pops the campsite breaker. I didnt notice it when I bought it but t...

Jb1980 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

No water pressure in bathroom

I'm trying to help another camper that is having a plumbing problem.She had a broke inline water filter so cut filter out of line and hooked water inlet straight to waterline. Camper has water pressure to kitchen sink and shower but no pressure to ba...

jlw1957 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Thetford 300 toilet seat loose

As the subject says the seat is loose and because of the design and proximity to the wall it is impossible to get your fingers in the small space to tighten it up. I am thinking the only way to do it is to remove the whole unit, tighten it and then r...

Harbor Freight/Honda smackdown....

I see HF is now offering a 3500 (maximum) watt PSW inverter with all the bells and whistles for $700.00 (regular price.Even looks like the Honda that retails for $1999.00the HF puts out a bit more power, is lighter (substantially), 100 pounds HF, 131...

Micro Air Easy Start installed today

I took it to my dealer, who charged me an hour to put it in. The service writers had never heard of the kit before. But I know the A/C guy is pretty sharp. I wanted to do it myself, but I'm too heavy for the roof. The roof is domed, so I couldn't...

RSD559 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Thermostat Blowing 2 Amp Fuse

I have a 2000 Wilderness which I acquired a year or two ago, it has been taken excellent care of. I keep the trailer at my lease and leave it plugged in however the only thing drawing power is the light on the microwave. Last weekend while there I we...

bholt by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Replace RV Body?

Years ago one of the RV rental companies would swap the body on your RV cab with one of their used bodies.Does anyone know if this still goes on and which company?Thanks

N_Dennis by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Hello, new to the group and can't get RV to start.

Hello, my name is Dave and I am new to rving. I love it so far but I have a lot to learn about my motorhome. I have a 1993 Fleetwood Pace Arrow with a Chevy 454.I am at the end of a week of dry camping and can't get my rv to start, any advice I can...

CLEAR Window Film Polarizing ?

Block heat?Reduces headlight dazzle?If it wasn't a 3M product I would sneer.But advertising and reality sometimes do not run parallel to each other.So I have to ask...Does anyone here, have any experience with this TRANSPARENT NO TINT stuff?http://ww...

suburban sw6 de problem

my water heater lights on gas when cold, heats fine through cycle, when I use hot water the gas will not relight? no spark or gas. Then I shut off switch for gas and let sit for a few seconds, then I turn it back on and gas cycles fine. Electric ele...