Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Jack-It Bike Bunk

AllI was at Camping World today and saw they had a Jack-It Bike Bunk. The bike bunk attaches under your trailer jack and then extends aft capable of carrying 80lbs. The unit itself weighs 25lbs. I was looking at the Stromberg Carlson bike bunk howeve...

Will the Yamaha 2000 combo generators power 15K AC

I'm considering purchasing the Yamaha 2000w combo generator set to use during an extended trip we have planned this year. I have a Coleman 15K AC on the trailer, and am curious if anybody uses the Yamaha combo to power a 15K AC and what limitations ...

BobnKris by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Waterproof Cold White LED Rope Lights (?)

Need a sixteen footer (5 meters) for the kid's restaurant. 50 feet from the crashing Pacific Ocean. This would be for lighting not visual esthetics. A dimmable light would be nice but not essential. I'll work out the 12 volt power supply and feed lin...

Tech Tip: Megawatt / Tiny Generator

Not theory. This works...I have successfully recharged batteries using a 300 watt generator.Back the Megawatt trim pot back.Start the generator and let it warm up a bit.Slowly turn the Megawatt trim pot clockwise until the generator starts to stumble...

Until 4 April 2017 Bussbars On Sale

Use PROMO CODESKYBDAYTo get 25% off posted prices in the link.100 amp BRASS bussbarhttp://www.skycraftsurplus.com/btmh-15bbussbar.aspx?utm_source=Happy+B+Day+Skycraft&utm_campaign=Constant+Contact&utm_medium=email250 amp COPPER bussbarhttp://www.skyc...

Adding more batteries

Good Afternoon all!Fully charged my 2 x 6v batteries in my class A work well and provide me 208AH (104 usable). I have 300 watts of solar that works great in the summer to keep me going however in the winter I have to add a little bit of generator to...

Battery Disconnect Solenoid

I am helping a friend with a 2008 Jayco Melbourne 29D. He said his battery disconnect switch was stuck and he replaced it. The battery is not disconnected in either the off or on position. I don't know if the prior switch was a momentary switch or...

hhornig by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Are Interstate 6v Now Trojans?

I moved this to its own thread:Seems to be a new line-up for Interstate Golf Car 6v batts. ( Used to be AH at US Battery numbers, even after Interstate changed to GC2 XHDs from the previous USB U-2200s etc, with AH like 208, 232, etc.)http://intersta...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Receptacle doesn't work

I have one receptacle that stopped working. It is the last of five receptacles in a GFI circuit. This receptacle shows 104 volts when testing with a voltmeter and appliances won't work when plugged into this recept. The other receptacles, includin...

Water Heater barely warm water - NO bypass valve

Need some help.I have a Suburban water heater (gas only, near as I can tell). Rig is 2008 Weekend Warrior 25' (super light?).After WH is running for 20 minutes (or more) the water is detectably warm, but not anywhere near hot. Used to work fine.Seems...

Chinese generator fuel pump

A few weeks back, I posted about my Chinese generator not running off the built-in fuel tank, but running fine off an external test tank I rigged up during the power outage.I have had some time to do some experimenting. The generator starts easily an...

mkirsch by Nomad II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

The procedure replacing my rV BATTERY

We have had tent campers, travel trailers, 5th wheelers and now a destination trailer and i never had to replace the battery. But the time is coming real soon. This may be a stupid question but will not be my first. Should I turn off the electric ...

Adjustable Automotive Alternator Voltage Regulator

This baby is not a plug and play item. Newer model vehicles that have ECU alternator interface cannot use this adjustable voltage regulator.If an alternator voltage regulator has a voltage sensing lead, the addition of a field actuated relay is manda...

Power Cord Connection

I bought a new electric razor today. Directions said for best results charge the battery for 24 hours. It also said to plug the power cord into the razor first, and then plug it into the wall socket. I remember reading on this forum some time ago ...

salem by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Parallel Hondas

I have the Honda EU2000 and am considering buying a Honda Companion to get the power to run AC.My question is about the parallel cable kit. Do the wires in the kit pass current at 12V to the Companion from the EU2000, and then the inverter the Compa...