Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Ok to shore power with battery removed?

Just wondering, I yanked the coach battery out (completely out) to test it tomorrow. I'm wondering if it's OK to plug into shore power with the battery out?What got me thinking was that the leads will be energized, I'm assuming, since the converter ...

TST507 TPMS Saves The Day

Good afternoon RV Forum friends. Just wanted to post a topic here for those of you not convinced that a TPMS on your RV is worth the effort or cost. This past Saturday night late we returned from a 2000 mile round trip to Mesa, AZ to visit our younge...

FLEXING TONGUE?

I noticed the factory paint on my trailer tongue is coming off in large chips around where the load leveler bar mounts. Upon further investigation I notice the paint is also flakging off along the inside of the box channel the tongue is made of. Is...

Oasisbob by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Rubber Roof Life

When's it time to throw the towel in and re-roof.I have a 12 year old rubber roof that is starting to show its age pretty bad. I'm in the south and it is outdoors all the time.Some of the white top-coating is worn/washed away, and the edges look lik...

doughere by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire ,alignment

Having a few issues with alignment on my dual axle travel trailer.I had a big blow out the other day.... scary stuff on the interstate. I believe there may be a couple of issues at fault. First I think the tires are shot! Too old and all need replaci...

BettyToo by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Some Coach Lights Not Working

Hi fellow RVers!I have a 2009 Damon Challenger, Class A, and am having trouble with the 12V coach lights. It's the ceiling lights up forward in the middle. Those on the left and right work and so do the ones in the back. I have ruled out blown fus...

dgwirth by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

roof rack above air conditioner shroud

Hi,My plan is to populate the entire roof with solar panels. I want 2 inches of clearance, so I'll need some sort of "stand off".What method would you use to support such a rack?How would you fasten it to the roof/RV?To keep weight down I'm going to ...

CO / Propane Leak Alarm

This last weekend, my CO/Propane Lean detector went off. It turned out to be a low battery in the trailer, not a CO or Propane leak. The signal is not a little chirp like a smoke detector with low batteries, rather, it was a loud alarm for a second...

Cleaning black water tank

I've looked at several Youtubes on the subject (gross!). I have not yet purchased a 5th wheel I just got a GMC3500 with Duramax/ Allison transmission so I figure I can pull anything and we are looking around 30 footer. I saw where one guy said if you...

Lost power to A/C and outlets

I am dry camping right now. Turned on the generator this afternoon to charge batteries and was using the microwave when the AC kicked on. Something blew and i have been trouble shooting ever since. It didn't trip the breakers and all fuses seem to be...

Dede64 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Removal of Ford E350 dash

I'm going to be removing my existing Jensen double-din radio and installing a new Pioneer 4200NEX that provides Android Auto capability.It sounds like the Pioneer can't use the existing in-dash mounting kit that the Jensen uses. According to Crutchfi...

jeffcarp by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

April Fools Day Calfornia Battery Prices

Excerpted from the San Francisco Chronicle• Fees totaling $2 will be tacked on to the sale of lead-acid batteries, which are mostly used in vehicles. The projected $26 million generated annually by the fees will be used to clean-up sites throughout C...

Help with broken slide

We have a 2013 Coachmen Encounter 36BH and are traveling in Jupiter, Fl.The cable on our slide (lower left side) when looking at it from the inside is loose. It's not just loose but probably not connected since you can move a foot or more of it aroun...